What's new

Disney Treasues Wave 3 - Due 12/2/03 (1 Viewer)

Pat Michaels

Auditioning
Hey folks, longtime lurker - 1st post.
Some really great info in here on this series of discs...I'm blown away!

Re: "Runaway Brain" - I sorta liked that one. I saw it on a Japanese "Best of Mickey" LD I picked up...very modern, but the animation was impressive.

I'm dying to get the 50's space stuff - I've heard it might be next year...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So can someone tell me if the animated short "Runaway Brain" is any good?
I mentioned earlier (I think on this thread) - gorgeous animation, but much more like the Mickey Mouse comics (where Mickey has a rogues gallery of evildoers he has to outwit) than most of the previous cartoons.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I just order Walt Disneyland USA hopefully it not a waste... I own Silly Symphonies and loved it so now I'm trying to buy the rest of them before season 3 sets come out

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Eric,

The DISNEYLAND USA and BEHIND THE SCENES AT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS are great if you enjoy the old Disney television shows. Some people aren't as fond of that type of thing and prefer the animated shorts. I like them both.

The only caveat about the DISNEYLAND USA set is that a couple of the shows were edited from their original presentations. The "Dateline Disney" show about the opening of Disneyland has the Mousketeer segments removed for what was most likely legal reasons and the "Disneyland 10th Anniversary Show" has a good deal of the Tiki Birds segment removed. Not sure about the reasons behind that.
They're still interesting viewing, even in their shortened state, if you're interested in Disneyland.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
when I was a kid I always loving watching old footage of disneyland or something so I'm sure i'll love it... Most of those cuts don't bother me that much becuz if it just tiki-girls dancing then I don't really care

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
that sucks then... I'm a fan of animatronics... Sorry for my ignorance just the reviews I read gave the impression it was girls... Sorry well hopefully not too much was cut:frowning:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It seems that about 6 minutes out of the original 10 were cut. Bummer. Especially since the original show isn't around anymore.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
My wife is a huge fan of the original (pre Gilbert Gottfried) Tiki Room and it saddens us greatly that we can't watch the whole documentary.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
They added Gilbert Gottfried to the Tiki Room?! That's too bad.
Only in Walt Disney World's "Under New Management" version. Disneyland still has the original show, but a couple music segments shortened. And if you really are dedicated, I believe Tokyo Disneyland has some sort of salsa-driven version :)

Matt G

Auditioning
This is a little off topic but Disney related.

This month on the Comic Journal website www.tcj.com they have an old archive audio interview from 1978 with Floyd Gottfredson who for 45 years was the Mickey Mouse comic strip artist. It runs about an hour long and is in mp3 format.

I thought this might be of interest.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Okay please help me out here. I saw a mention of the Disney in Space release but no more details.

Is it not coming out now? I've been practically counting the days until it did come out.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
It should be out with the rest of the sets on December 2 (counting the days).

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Some brief descriptions courtesy of dvdplanet.com:

Chronological Donald

It was 1934 when the irascible Donald Duck came to life in a teeny bit of a part in The Wise Little Hen and proceeded to steal the show. From that point on nobody could hold him back, and the much loved cranky character went on to be the most prolific of Walt's "fabulous five." Now for the first time, you can enjoy the Donald in all of his solo starring shorts from "Donald And Pluto" in 1936 to "Chef Donald" in 1941. This volume also includes a loving tribute to the man who achieved immortality by inventing the voice of Donald Duck -- and performing as his alter ego for 50 years -- Clarence "Ducky" Nash. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin, this is a timeless collection from generations past for generations to come.

On the Front Lines

On December 8, 1941, the Disney Studio was taken over by the military as part of the war effort. Making the most of the talent that hadn't shipped out yet, Walt Disney spent the next four years creating and producing training, propaganda and educational films for the Armed Forces. In addition to these films, this extraordinary volume also includes the full-length feature "Victory Through Air Power." Released theatrically in 1943, this powerful propaganda film has never been reissued until now. You'll also see recently discovered on-the-set footage, and get rare firsthand accounts about the work and culture at the Disney Studio in interviews with Disney Legends Joe Grant, John Hench, and Roy Disney. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin, this is a timeless collection from generations past for generations to come.

Walt's Tomorrowland

Walt Disney was a true visionary, and his most far-reaching vision examined the future. During the 1950s, his investigation into space exploration and the wondrous opportunities and challenges of space travel not only came alive in several Disneyland TV shows, but helped create strong public support for The United States space program. Go back in time to the beginning of the future and enjoy four episodes and a theatrical short that delve into the mysteries of the universe and space travel -- "Man In Space," "Man And The Moon," "Mars And Beyond," "Eyes In Outer Space," and "Our Friend The Atom." You'll also get a rare look at Walt's last film, "Epcot," in which he reveals his concepts and plans for the Disney World and EPCOT projects. Other not-to-be-missed features include a special interview with noted futurist and author Ray Bradbury. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin, this is a timeless collection from generations past for generations to come.

It's good to see Victory Through Air Power confirmed, and the Epcot film is quite a surprise!

There is no description for Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Vol. 2 yet.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I think I might have to pick all of these up-if for no other reason than I might regret it later. Hopefully they end up reissuing the old ones at some point-there's money to be made there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks