What's new

Disney Treasues Wave 3 - Due 12/2/03 (1 Viewer)

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
The idea is that all Treasures releases should be uncut.
That is the idea, but Wave 1 had numerous edits to a couple discs. Wave 2 was a huge improvement with no edits that I can recall. Hopefully Wave 3 continues this tradition. I'm looking forward to these.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
As I keep seeing the going price on eBay go higher and higher, I find myself twitching at the thought of selling my MICKEY MOUSE IN LIVING COLOR set. Then I tell myself that if I ever do sell it, I'll sure as heck never be able to afford another one in the future. Guess I'm keeping it.

Can't wait for these next ones. These sets are the best thing that Disney puts out.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I actually found another of these (MMiLC) just recently at Costco for $21.99. :D

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I am hoping this will include Mickey's Christmas Carol. I have wanted to see that short for a long time.

But, in this discussion about what the 21 shorts in MMILC2 may be, it occurs to me that noone has considered whether one could be Mickey And The Beanstalk. Yes, I know its available as part of Fun ANd Fancy Free - but its a possibility, isn't it? I know I've certainly seen it several times seperate from the movie as a short in its own right, so its not necessarily tied to the film in the same way that, say, Sorcerer's Apprentice is tied to Fantasia.

Just an idea.

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea is that all Treasures releases should be uncut.
------------------------------------------------------------------------That is the idea, but Wave 1 had numerous edits to a couple discs.
Please, I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on that.

:)

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Please, I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on that.
Well, it's a little off topic, but...

Mickey Mouse in Living Color: Some folks say that some audio has been replaced in "The Clock Cleaners"; I think it was one of Donald's lines

Silly Symphonies: Jewish peddler sequence replaced in "Three Little Pigs", though this change was done by Walt himself. Some don't consider this an edit, but would have preferred to have both the original and modified versions included.

Disneyland USA: Removal of the Mouseketeers in "Dateline Disneyland", addition of "don't try this at home" warnings in "Disneyland After Dark", and edits to The Enchanted Tiki Room sequence in "Disneyland 10th Anniversary Show".

I also believe in some shorts from these collections, the title cards have been switched out from the originals, but that's often a minor point, in my opinion. There are probably some details that I missed, but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.

I hope that helps.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Mickey Mouse in Living Color: Some folks say that some audio has been replaced in "The Clock Cleaners"; I think it was one of Donald's lines
That is correct. Somebody thought Donald was swearing, so they replaced that line of dialogue with a different one from another cartoon. It is really obvious that it has been modified because you can hear a dog barking in the background when he says the modified line, and there isn't a dog (besides Goofy) in the cartoon at all.

The change wasn't made specifically for the DVD release, but it is still a change. The "uncensored" statement on the package is a lie in this case.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I would think that the Donald wartime cartoons would not be repeated in the Cronolological sets, based that the full Goofy Cartoon on the Behind the scene set wasn't on the complete Goofy title, although that could be because it was part of the Reluctant Dragon feature.

I too remember hearing Leonard Maltin saying Victory via Air would be the center piece of the War set.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
based that the full Goofy Cartoon on the Behind the scene set wasn't on the complete Goofy title, although that could be because it was part of the Reluctant Dragon feature.
I was disappointed by the absence of How To Ride A Horse on the Goofy disc, given the fact that it was the first How To short, and it is that series that dominates the Goofy shorts. I can understand it, given the short's presence in the Behind The Scenes discs (and it doesn't affect me too much since I have that set), but it would have been nice to include it, even as an Easter Egg.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
"How To Ride A Horse" was not originally released as an induvidual Goofy short, so I think it's reasonable that it's not included in the "Complete Goofy" set.

Quote: "I would think that the Donald wartime cartoons would not be repeated in the Cronolological sets, based that the full Goofy Cartoon on the Behind the scene set wasn't on the complete Goofy title, although that could be because it was part of the Reluctant Dragon feature."

Maybe it's the other way around: Maybe the DD wartime shorts will be included in the chronological DD sets and not repeated in the wartime set? Unlike "How To Ride A Horse" some of the best-known DD wartime titles are "official" shorts.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I hope we have chapter stops in the non-shorts. Despite the fact that I love "The Reluctant Dragon," sometimes I'd love to skip to "How to Ride a Horse" without using the fast forward button (granted, I could punch in the timecode, but that's a little tougher).

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have an idea where Goofy's Freeway Phobia will turn up? That is really the one I want the most.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
Orignally posted by Steven Wesley
[q]Well, it's a little off topic, but...

Silly Symphonies: Jewish peddler sequence replaced in "Three Little Pigs", though this change was done by Walt himself. Some don't consider this an edit, but would have preferred to have both the original and modified versions included.

Disneyland USA: Removal of the Mouseketeers in "Dateline Disneyland", addition of "don't try this at home" warnings in "Disneyland After Dark", and edits to The Enchanted Tiki Room sequence in "Disneyland 10th Anniversary Show".

I also believe in some shorts from these collections, the title cards have been switched out from the originals, but that's often a minor point, in my opinion. There are probably some details that I missed, but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.

I hope that helps.
q]

The mickey mouse in living color isn't a big deal and also if you're showing it to kids, it a good edit. The silly symphonies edit is the only one I would that bugs me a little bit but the cartoon still fun to watch. The DIsneyLand USA removal of the Mouseketeers was that Mouseketeers wanted too much money so they just cut it... So most of the edits aren't big and the sets are still awesome to own :) Also is runaway brain good? I wanted to see that short when I was a kid so bad but never got to go see a Kid in King Arthur Court

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Does anyone have an idea where Goofy's Freeway Phobia will turn up? That is really the one I want the most.
I'm hoping for a Treasure set featuring all the instructional films and shorts from the 50's! Wouldn't it be cool to have the option to view them with a projector sound to fulfill that school room atmosphere before VCRS?
How about optional subtitle tracks explaining the advances in science that now make some of these subjects out of date, yet keeps them current? Lots of potential for a set like this!

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Quote:

"Also, in the 80's, Disney released "An Officer and a Duck" under their "Gold Collection" banner of shorts, which featured some of his war cartoons. I would think that these would probably show up on the chrono set, as they were more entertainment driven, as opposed to propaganda/instructional shorts (and hopefully one feature) which I would presume is the foundation of the War set."

"An Officer And A Duck" included the following DD shorts: "Donald Gets Drafted" / "The Vanishing Private" / "Sky Trooper" / "Fall Out, Fall In" / "The Old Army Game" / "Home Defense"

If all of those are included in the chronological DD set, the only war-themed official DD shorts exclusive to the wartime set would be "Der Fuehrer's Face" and "Commando Duck", as far as I can remember right now...

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Runaway Brain?

What is there to say? Mickey Mouse the way you've never seen him before. Quite fun, good in its own way - but some might find that it's in bad taste...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
"An Officer And A Duck" included the following DD shorts: "Donald Gets Drafted" / "The Vanishing Private" / "Sky Trooper" / "Fall Out, Fall In" / "The Old Army Game" / "Home Defense"
It has been a while since I watched these, and your right, it wouldn't make allot of sense to keep these off the war set, unless there are more propaganda/instructional shorts, and to make room for "VVAP". I have no idea how many of the previous were made, I know I've never seen them.

Am I the only one so pumped for these that they're loosing sleep.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if I am losing sleep but I love the prospect of having all my Disney favorites in my possession.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks