What's new

3D Disney announces four new 3D Blu-ray releases for November 8, 2011 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS ADDS 3D FAVORITES

TO ITS 2011 BLU-RAY 3D™ LINE-UP

Leader in 3D Filmed Entertainment Adds Four New Titles

To Its Growing In-Home Blu-ray 3D Catalog

BURBANK, Calif. — August 5, 2011 — Leading the way in the advancement of 3D entertainment and continuing its commitment to the growing Blu-ray 3D™ market, The Walt Disney Studios today announced release plans to add four new titles to its growing in-home Blu-ray 3D line-up.

Among the popular films making their Blu-ray 3D debuts are Bolt, Chicken Little, G-Force and Meet The Robinsons, all releasing on November 8th. The four new Disney Blu-ray 3D releases have been packaged as Disney Blu-ray Combo Packs, satisfying the multitude of viewing habits across the household whether it’s 3D, 2D, Blu-ray, DVD and/or mobile devices.

―In early January, Disney announced an aggressive plan to bring a wide variety of 3D content to consumers’ in-home experiences,‖ commented Lori MacPherson, Executive Vice President, Global Product Management, The Walt Disney Studios. ―These latest Disney Blu-ray 3D releases all deliver the most superior in-home 3D viewing capabilities, and by offering the films in Combo Packs, we are continuing to provide families with exceptional value, quality, and versatility in a single purchase.‖

Bolt, Chicken Little, G-Force and Meet The Robinsons, will all join the studios unparalleled catalog of 3D in-home movies which include Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas (releasing August 30, 2011), The Lion King: Diamond Edition (releasing October 4, 2011), Beauty and the Beast (releasing October 4, 2011), Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (releasing October 18, 2011), Gnomeo & Juliet (released May 24, 2011), TRON: Legacy (released April 5, 2011), Tangled (released March 29, 2011), Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland (released December 7, 2010), Step Up 3D (released December 21, 1010), and Disney’s A Christmas Carol (released November 16, 2010).

Disney’s Blu-ray 3D Films:

BOLT 3D (November 8)

Prepare to enter a fantastic new dimension of family fun as Disney’s sensational animated comedy leaps off the screen and into your living room. You’ll sit up and beg for more when Bolt springs into action in awe-inspiring Disney 3D.

Bolt is the star of the biggest show in Hollywood. The only problem is, he thinks it’s real. After he’s accidentally shipped to New York City and separated from Penny, his beloved co-star and owner, Bolt must harness all his ―super powers‖ to find a way home.

Bolt 3D is available as a:

4-Disc Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) for the suggested retail price of $49.99 U.S./$56.99 Canada

3D Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $49.99 U.S./$56.99 Canada

CHICKEN LITTLE 3D (November 8)

Disney’s ―perfect family film‖ (Scott Mantz, Access Hollywood) is now more fantastic than ever! All systems are go for fun, action and adventure as Chicken Little soars off the screen and into your living room in breathtaking, eye-popping Disney 3D!

When the sky really is falling and sanity has flown the coop, who will rise to save the day? Together with his hysterical band of misfit friends, Chicken Little must save the planet from an alien invasion and prove that the world’s biggest hero is a little chicken.

Chicken Little 3D is available as a:

3-Disc Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD) for the suggested retail price of $44.99 U.S./ $51.99 Canada

3D Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $44.99 U.S./$51.99 Canada

G-FORCE (November 8)

Buckle up for thrilling edge-of-your-seat action and laugh-out-loud fun in Disney’s G-Force as this elite team of highly trained guinea pigs leaps off the screen and right into your living room.

Just as the G-Force is about to save the world, the F.B.I. shuts the secret unit down.

But these next-generation action heroes won’t be stopped. Armed with the latest high-tech spy equipment, and with the F.B.I. on their tails, the fur flies as they race against the clock to save the world. From the producer of Pirates Of The Caribbean and National Treasure, G-Force is fantastic 3D fun for the whole family.

G-Force 3D is available as a:

3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD) for the suggested retail price of $44.99 U.S./$51.99 Canada

3D Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $44.99 U.S./ $51.99 Canada

MEET THE ROBINSONS (November 8)

Brace yourself for an eye-popping new dimension of imagination and surprises when Disney’s fun-filled family adventure blasts off the screen and touches down in your living room. Get ready to Meet The Robinsons – in amazing Disney 3D!

Join Lewis, a brilliant young inventor who sets off on a time-traveling quest to save the future and find the family he never knew. With the help of the wonderfully wacky Robinson family, Lewis learns to keep moving forward and never stop believing in himself.

Meet The Robinsons 3D is available as a:

3-Disc Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD) for the suggested retail price of $44.99 U.S./$51.99 Canada

3D Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $44.99 U.S./ $51.99 Canada

About The Walt Disney Studios:

For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under four banners: Walt Disney Pictures, which includes Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Touchstone Pictures and Marvel. Original music and motion picture soundtracks are produced under Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records, while Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Broadway theatrical productions, Disney on Ice and D

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I received a free copy of Bolt after buying my Sony 3D TV. I have seen scenes of G-Force on a 3-D Sony demo disk. Both have very good 3D. In the scenes with fireworks in G-Force, the fireworks go into the black letterbox areas. I saw Chicken Little and Meet The Robinsons at a movie theatre. I remember taking off my 3D glasses and could not see much difference with them on or off. Nothing coming out of the screen and very little depth.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Brisby

All crap movies except for Bolt.

I had to review Meet the Robinsons twice, once on the DVD and once later on Blu-ray when it became available. I found myself becoming fonder of it with repeated viewings. Can it compare to Pixar films? Of course not. But it's not crap. I've reviewed all of these films except for Chicken Little (I have seen it, of course, and didn't like it much, but I'm hoping it may resound with me more the second time around) in their 2D incarnations, so I'm really hoping that 3D gives some of these movies a better reason for existing.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bolt is the only one of these I am interested in, though

I find myself continually giving credit to Disney for supporting

the 3D format better than any studio.

Just updated the press release with artwork.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
These 4 3D titles are now up for preorder on Amazon. Links provided.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I ordered Meet The Robinsons. Maybe I'll have a 3D TV by November.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks