What's new

Dish hddvr hdmi connection problem! (1 Viewer)

My dvr is connected to my Pioneer vsx-520 via HDMI and out to Samsung PN50C550 via HDMI but tv does not recognize.It works straight to tv. Have tried every input(3), my bd player works in each! Ive read the Dish and tv manual, no help. Any help is appreciated!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You have eliminated the TV as the issue. If you used the same cable to test the Dish receiver as you did the Blu-ray, then you eliminated the cable as the issue. The only thing left is the Dish equipment.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Because Dish has been know to have features disabled in software as well as poor quality hardware. If you want to check, DBS Talk dot com has a section devoted to all things Dish.

okay, rechecked my manuals, no help unless I missed something. I was beginning to think my optical was bad cause it doesnt work out of BD plalyer to rec. or dvr to rec. but I can see the light in the end. Does that mean it is def. working? Dvr has no digital coax but BD does, it worked fine! Ive tried both optical inputs on rec. Guess I will try component later and check out that site, thanks!

Finally got hdmi audio to work by switching from dolby/pcm to pcm, switched back and it still works! Im keeping my fingers crossed! Im bummed that the rec. isnt doing optical cause it is new but I dont need it now so I will live with it, doesnt seem worth returning to amazon! Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks