What's new

Discovery Atlas Italy & Australia HD-DVD Problem? (1 Viewer)

LarryH

Supporting Actor
There are posts on Amazon which say that these two disks will not play. They make reference to the AVS forum, which I checked. There some folks report problems with them and the 360 add-on and some say the A2 has a problem with them. Mine got bounced back to Amazon by the USPS because the USPS changed my zip code and stopped forwarding my mail.

Just thought I'd bring this up to see if any HTFer's have any input information before I re-order them.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I have both DVDs and they played on my Toshiba A1. However I was having difficulties with the audio when my player was set to bitstream. The audio was very garbled and my surround processor seemed to keep cutting out. When I set it to PCM it was fine. I read the Amazon reviews a few minutes ago and was wondering what was wrong with the discs.

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
Both played fine with my A1 but I've heard of people w/the add-on having problems.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I have all 4 Discovery disks. All worked fine in my HD Addon, but none will play in my new Toshiba XA2. I am really glad I keep my add-on. It seems to be much more forgiving than the Toshiba.

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
Italy and Australia are encoded differently from the other two in the series. I had to change the HDMI audio output on my HD-A1 from "AUTO" to "PCM" to get any sound whatsoever from either title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks