1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

discountave.net bad experience

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by BlakeN, Mar 23, 2004.

1. BlakeN

BlakeN Well-Known Member

If anyone else has shopped here I would like to hear from you. I feel that they might be running some kind of scam to get people to come to their webpage.

I ordered a car amp from them 6 weeks ago. A soundstream EGA2220 to be exact. They had the best price and are a yahoo certified store. Three days after ordering (1 business day) I recieved an email saying the item was out of stock and if I wanted I could either email them or call and have my order processed. I emailed them back, asking if they had an estimate on how long the item would be on back order. After 4 days without a responce I called them. The person in customer service said it would be about 3-4 weeks. Since I didnt need the amp for a while I decided to go ahead and process the order. The customer service rep sounded surpsided but at the time I didnt think anything of it. So after 3 weeks I sent them off another email asking for an update. I told them I just wanted to touch base and see how the shipment was coming. After a week with no responce I sent them another email which was basicaly a cut and past of my previous emai. Three days later they replied and said the item was still on back order. I sent them another email asking what the estimated time was on the shipment. This morning 6 weeks later they told me it would be 3-4 weeks. As of right now and for the last 6 weeks the amp I ordered is still for sale on their webpage with no mention of it being out of stock.

2. Erik*R

Erik*R Active Member

all I can say is next time check resellerratings.com and if they have been in business long and still dont showup on resellerratings.. that is a BIG BIG flag to watchout.

just my $0.02

3. BlakeN

BlakeN Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for the tip.

Edit: BTW I did a search for the amp I want at resellerratings.com and discount ave came up with the product and listed as in stock.