What's new

: ( Disappointed. No DTS on the Black Hawk Down DVD (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Some have raised the question whether the "special edition" will be a Superbits Deluxe issue (which would be great). But, would Columbia rather release this as a non-Superbit title for marketing purposes?

On any rate, I hope we here more about this soon!

YANG

Screenwriter
"Some have raised the question whether the "special edition" will be a Superbits Deluxe issue (which would be great)"

There is only two options for this title...either a SUPERBIT DELUXE re-release(PATRIOT for example) or a SPECIAL EDITION re-release(THE MASK OF ZORRO and GROUNDHOG DAY for example).

My copy came in the mail yesterday, but I have not had the time to watch it yet. I did read the cover to see the information on the audio formats. It says it does "English 5.1", but no mention of DTS OR Dolby in any shape form or fashion.

Also, there is no Dolby logo to be found. Don't you all find that strange?

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Hey
I have heard some rumors about the future release of Ridley Scott's Black Hawk Down. This much is known about it. It will contain DTS, commentaries from Scott and others involved with the production, deleted scenes, interviews, documentaries, trailers, and much more. It will also be a deluxe 3-Disc set. I think this is well worth the wait.

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
Josh,

That sounds like it is well worth the wait. The original copy that just released is pretty good as far as video goes. It is also a very good sound track. I have not bought it yet, but the edition you are referring to is going to be a definite purchase if it has all of what you said.

DF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks