1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Direct burial COAX cable trunk line cut... TFC-T10 cable Any experience on splicing?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by conuronton, Jun 14, 2011.

1. conuronton

conuronton Well-Known Member

Direct burial coax cable trunk line coming from the pole has been cut.... Any experience on splicing? Are the connectors "F" and would you use a coupler? Seems like you would need some sort of seal for direct burial I am sure my compression tool will not work on this very thick cable. What about sourcing for materials? I have a call in to the factory, Times Fiber company, but I'm sure my friends here at HTF will get answers faster!!

Thanks!!!!!

2. dc94587

dc94587 New Member

I have got the same problem at the same time - this morning.

The TV cable was cut by my gardener. On the cable, it says TFC-T10. I looked and found this splice:

http://www.arrisistore.com/product.php?pid=050243

It is .625 and then it has two more different version .500 and .750. I don't see where on the cable mentioning it is .500, .625, or .750.

Is Commscope P3 equivalent to TFC T-10?

I still don't see how the connection is made? Screw in? Or there is a special compression tool to make the connection?