1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Direct access to .Mac / iWeb upload site?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by DaveF, May 17, 2007.

1. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Is there a way to directly access one's iWeb-uploaded files on a .Mac account? We've rummaged through her iDisk directory and there's nothing there for the website.

My wife has a recurring problem with her iWeb created site, where images vanish. If we could directly access where iWeb publishes her website, we could possibly learn more about why the images vanish.

Thanks.

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Well-Known Member

John
    You mean ftp access? Somehow I kind of doubt it.

3. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

You can directly access all the files (and manually edit them) via the finder. Open your iDisk in a finder windows, and navigate to /Web/Sites/iWeb.

Note: if you do manually edit them, they will be overwritten by iWeb the next time you sync.

4. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Surprisingly, the website files are not found in that directly.

Basically, I want FTP access to the iWeb file location. On occaision, images disappear from my wife's iWeb-produced website. If I could examine the file location at the time, I might be able to determine if files are being deleted, moved; if the HTML code is being modified, or whatever. This is not the only solution approach but it seemed simple enough until I ran into Apple's (frustrating) over-protection scheme of hiding the code.

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Well-Known Member

.Mac exposes its content through WebDAV. That's what the Finder uses to show you the iDisk, but you might try another WebDAV client. The URL is of the form: http://idisk.mac.com/membername