What's new

Dire Straits' "Brothers In Arms" coming to SACD in May!! (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
No problem at all, Phil & Rachael.

However, I am sorry I left out the link to the "limited edition" of the BIA SACD. It's the same price as the regular SACD and I only realized there was a "limited edition" when I read Brian Moura's article. You can always cancel your initial order and get the "limited edition" SACD instead. Here's the link....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...484269-2055611

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Rachael, that's a "mad scientist.":D

Danny, thanks again for the links and info. You always provide useful info so that others can decide whether they want to use it or not vs. those who just want to argue.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Michael,

Not at all. I love high-res stuff and truly hope that the record companies continue to support it and release software. What I'm saying is that there are redbook CDs that sound simply amazing (to my ears) and in some cases trump some SACDs/DVD-As that I own.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Paul, what would you recommend as a place in London to buy SACDs like BIA that are not available in stores here?

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Phil - Lee is right but even the large stores like Virgin & HMV will charge you silly amounts for SACD & DVD-A (it is not that popular over here - still seen as a niche market - expect to get stuff for £15+ which is $28US+)
Everyone I know buys online & I get alot of my SACD DVD-A & DVD stuff from "across the pond" mainly in Canada but also from the US (& Hong Kong & Australia)
HTH ... Paul ;)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Lee, Sack-Dee's are not easy to buy in the U.K. I have this from a Brit A/V website I frequent. Selection limted, high prices...the same old rag.

Hey, does anybody know what the difference/s are between the two BIA editions???

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
From what I'm reading, it's supposed to be DVD-A with a CD here...Like Shangri-La...

Most excellent if true.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Danny,

I ordered through CD Wow, but I haven't received shipping confirmation yet.

Should be fun when it gets here though.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks