What's new

Diplexer- Please help!!! (1 Viewer)

Andrew P

Second Unit
I just purchased the Mitsubishi DST-3000 and it mentions that you must use a diplexer in order to combine satellite and antenna signals. All the radio shacks are out of diplexers so I purchased a signal combiner/splitter #16-2581. Will this work?? If not where can I get a diplexer in time for the game on Sunday??
Thanks,
Andy

R Benson

Auditioning
Don't use the spliiter/combiner. A diplexer will pass voltages needed for the LNB on the dish where a splitter won't. Any Satellite sales/installer should be able to get you one quickly. Hope this helps

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
There was a satellite installer next to my Radio Shack and I was able to get a simple RCA diplexer for $8. You can also order it from a place like DishDepot.com but you will have to pay for overnight shipping...it is probably easier to let your fingers do the walking and find a satellite dealer in your area. I lucked out...because I went to Rat Shack first and was turned off by their $30 diplexer...walked next door and got what I needed for a fraction of the price!
Best of luck!
- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks