1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Digital Picture Frame - AutoPower/AutoPlay?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by rich1000, Sep 28, 2009.

1. rich1000

rich1000 New Member

Hi,

I have a slightly strange request for a Digital Photo Frame.

We want to set up several frames on the wall throughout a corridor in our office. They'll be plugged in to the same circuit, so that when a motion dectector triggers the power in the corridor, it turns all digital frames on. We'd like them all to auto-play video when turned on (i.e. we'll have just ONE mpg file on it).

So what we need is essentially this:
    Plays video (most do I guess nowadays)
    Has speakers built in to hear the video's audio
    Can be configured to auto-play when turned on
    Power button can be always on, so it cuts on from the power source automatically
    Reasonably fast power-on and auto-start video (so it's not like a minute boot up or something)

Does anyone have any suggestions on brands/models that might do this?

I assume the frame needs a mechanical power button or switch, so power to the unit will allow it to come on without any human interaction. And assume the unit can auto-play whatever is on the memory card, or configured to do so.

Thanks for any suggestions on models that might do this... I can at least purchase and try out, if you think any models may work.