1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Difficulty with my JVC receiver and my sub

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by rocketnater, Jul 31, 2012.

1. rocketnater

rocketnater New Member

I also have the JVC RX-744V! I am kind of running into the same problem as you. I have 2 JBL TLX171 floor-standing speakers as my front left and right. I have 1 JBL sattelite center speaker. And I have 1 Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer. I currently use the subwoofer-out on the receiver to the line-level input on the subwoofer. The problem is, the woofer in the floor-standing speakers are much louder and is dominating the subwoofer. The subwoofer's bass is somewhat small and almost diminished by the JBL's woofers. What I have done is looked through the entire on-screen menu of the receiver and there is absolutely no settings or options for subwoofer. Theres not even a setting to select wether you have small or large front speakers. I found that you can only change the speaker size of the center speaker. Do you think that use speaker-level input/output connection for the subwoofer will fix this problem?

2. rocketnater

rocketnater New Member

Sorry, meant RX-774V lol