What's new

Differences in the version of Prince of Persia? (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Beyond Good & Evil is also having bad sales; Circuit City has it for $10 now and Amazon.com has it for $20 (various platforms, but not all).

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Beyond Good & Evil is also having bad sales; Circuit City has it for $10 now and Amazon.com has it for $20 (various platforms, but not all).
$10?!! That's really a shame as this game has received a lot of critical acclaim. Bad timing with all the other high profile games that have been released. EB has it listed at $19.99 for Xbox and GameCube, $24.99 for PS2.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
What kind of game is Beyond Good and Evil? I can't access any of the game review sites from work. I've usually had good recommendations from people on this board, so I'm curious :)

I recently played Armed and Dangerous. Has anyone even heard of it? Some of it was pretty funny, though the humor got just a bit sophomoric by the end. But it's nice corny fun, and they take jabs at lots of different things. And the gameplay wasn't too bad. Overall, a nice weekend rental.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I recently played Armed and Dangerous. Has anyone even heard of it?
I tried the OXM demo and thought it was a blast. Everything I have read here and in publications has been positive. Part of the list I'm slowly chipping away. I'm still imersed in PGR2, working on Crimson Skies, just grabbed PoP, just started GTA3. Wish I had more time. :eek:

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like fun. I'll keep an eye out for it the next time I'm in one of those stores. Sounds like a game my wife would enjoy too. The last game she really played was Buffy. She sat and watched me play most of Syberia, but after that there wasn't much point in playing it again herself.

I can recommend Armed and Dangerous as a fun experience. I was spontaneously laughing several times, which is rare with a video game :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my gf really dug syberia. i mean...she got *all* into it. :)

right now, she's diggin' fatal frame ii - crimson butterfly. pretty neat game, nice graphics, easy interface, spooky atmosphere, good story, etc.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Is Fatal Frame 1 available on the Xbox? I want to get that too if it is.

PoP was a joint experience for me. My carpal tunnel problems made the fight sequences near the end pretty hard on my hands (I'm a button masher through and through). So me and my wife would play together, she'd kill the bad guys and I'd navigate the traps. Of course, the fact that she's much better than me at fight games helped too :)

I haven't tried PGR2 yet. I liked PGR so much, I'm almost scared to try 2 :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
is there a technique in pop/sot to "slow walk"? playing the old version made me remember i used to do that to walk past floors with spikes.

also, i think sot told me i could "walk slowly" to avoid spikes, but i couldn't figure out how.

more curious then anything ... i tend to find running on the walls easier.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Ted. Just move the stick a little instead of all the way. The joys of analogue controls :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yay! i finally finished it. i found the game to be very enjoyable. not too difficult, but challenging enough to make me clench my fists more then once.

however, i thought once i finished it it would unlock the original pop? that doesn't seem to be the case. when i go to choose the original, it's still greyed out.

not a super-big deal since i have the hack, but i'm still curious.

thx!

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent, excellent game. I played the PC version and it does not come with the extra bonuses.
It actually does!

Courtesy of www.gamefaqs.com:

Start a new game and stay on the balcony. Hold the "X" key and press Space, Left Mouse Button, "E", "C", "E", Space, Left Mouse Button, "C". It should take you to a load screen, and then, voila! A level from the original PoP in 3D Glory!

Cool, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks