1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between A speakers and B Speakers

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by bob733, Jul 26, 2008.

1. bob733

bob733 New Member

Is there any difference between the A and B speakers? The A speakers have large red and white ports while the B speakers have small ports.

I know they are used (for example) if you have speakers in another room but what about any difference between the volume or output levels etc?

The reason I ask is because I had a problem hooking my cables up to the A speakers so I used the B speakers (which ports were easier to attach the cable).

Thanks in advance,

Bob

2. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Well-Known Member

Normally both the A & B speakers hook-ups offer the same power/output to the speakers but I would check your receiver's manual to make sure

3. JohnRice

JohnRice Well-Known Member

John
    There is far too much variance between how the A and B works on every receiver ever made in the history of audio to give any constructive answer to the question with the info provided.

4. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Well-Known Member

That's why I advised him to check his manual..............

5. Cloud

Cloud Active Member

I'd have to agree here. I can use my B hookups for bi-amping, for a zone 2, or for ambiance speakers all depending on how I setup the receiver. My last receiver just output the exact same signal and power to both A and B. All depends on what receiver you have and how it's set up.

6. bob733

bob733 New Member

I have the Sony STR-DG720 Multi Channel AV Receiver and I have been checking the manual for any difference between the A and B Speakers.

Haven't seen anything yet so I am assuming there is no real difference.

Bob