What's new

Difference between A speakers and B Speakers (1 Viewer)

bob733

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Wagner
Is there any difference between the A and B speakers? The A speakers have large red and white ports while the B speakers have small ports.

I know they are used (for example) if you have speakers in another room but what about any difference between the volume or output levels etc?

The reason I ask is because I had a problem hooking my cables up to the A speakers so I used the B speakers (which ports were easier to attach the cable).

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
Normally both the A & B speakers hook-ups offer the same power/output to the speakers but I would check your receiver's manual to make sure

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There is far too much variance between how the A and B works on every receiver ever made in the history of audio to give any constructive answer to the question with the info provided.

Cloud

Agent
Real Name
Jeff

I'd have to agree here. I can use my B hookups for bi-amping, for a zone 2, or for ambiance speakers all depending on how I setup the receiver. My last receiver just output the exact same signal and power to both A and B. All depends on what receiver you have and how it's set up.

bob733

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Wagner
I have the Sony STR-DG720 Multi Channel AV Receiver and I have been checking the manual for any difference between the A and B Speakers.

Haven't seen anything yet so I am assuming there is no real difference.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks