What's new

Live Free or Die Hard (2007) (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I was always waiting for a Die Hard in an Amusement Park.

Or, perhaps it would be better for a Speed 3 when Keanu's career starts to get in a rut and he needs the money.

That could be a while though. Can't you see Jack and Annie meeting there by chance? She'd probably be there with some stupid little kid she had by Jason Patric's charater, and he'd be working park security after finally being booted by the LAPD. (Or picking up some extra cash during suspension.)

Or Die Hard in a Shopping Mall.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Aaron,
some excerpts from Die Hard 12: Die Hungry...

Bruce/Ben
"Paper or plastic you son of a..."

-----

Terrorist...
"Your coincidental appearance at every terrorist attack on Christmas eve grows tiresome, Mr. Bad booyyy!"

Bruce/Ben...
"I got news for ya pal, that's what the people pay to see."

-----

Powell look-alike...
"He's alone, tired, the food is rotten, the bathroom is locked...and he's runnin out of one liners!"

-----

Terrorist...
"Attention shoppers, for tonight only we will have a special offer, 3 million dollars in Christmas coupons in exchange for your lives!"

:D

Two of my favorite visual images from that sketch are when Bruce/Ben jumps off the roof of the supermarket with a bag of groceries under each arm while cereal and lettuce and all sorts of other shit explodes behind him!

And when he kills that one guy with a box of toothpicks and some drinking straws!

:laugh:

In case your curious, the sketch Aaron and I are talking about appeared on the short lived, but often hilarious FOX series The Ben Stiller Show. It's out on DVD if you want to check it out. This sketch is a work of utter comic brilliance! As is a sketch of The Last of the Mohicans called The Mohican Master 5000 where we learn just how Danial Day Lewis/Ben Stiller got in shape for all that runnin he did in that film. :laugh:

Anyway, i'm also all for a 4th film, the Die Hard series is among the greatest action films ever made and I would love to see John get one more adventure under his belt. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ben Osborne

Second Unit

That was already done. It's called Passenger 57, which is also Die Hard on a plane. But that didn't stop them from making Die Hard on a plane part 2, a.k.a. Air Force One.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I've also been waiting for Air Force One Two.;)

Or, Air Force Two:

Dick Cheney: You terrorist bastards won't get me to reveal the location of Air Force One by keeping my heart medication from me! I'm going to kick your asses, you...(clutches chest) ARRGGHHHHH!

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Die Hard already had the consummate terrorist hacker--Theo! Oh my god, the quarterback is toast!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Actually, to be more accurate, the first terrorist film, that I remember anyway, that takes place primarily in an amusement park was called Rollercoaster with George Segal trying to stop a mad bomber who likes to blow up rollercoasters with passengers on them, it came out in the 70's sometime.

And the first large-scale action film centered on and around a train wasn't really an action film at all, but a comedy. I'm referring, of course, to Silver Streak. The last 15 minuets of that movie are just as exciting as anything in the Die Hard trilogy IMO.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I can see Die Hard in a retirment home

the terorists hold their bran muffins and orange juice hostage, as John races against the clock to find them, so that they can all crap in comfort.
Wow, now that I'd pay to see...

Seriously though, I can't wait to see this. Die Hard is my favorite action movie ever, and 2 wasn't bad, and 3 kicked serious butt, so I'm awaiting this...

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

Now that's a movie that cries sequel, Passenger 57A with the movie announcer stating "Sometimes It doesn't pay to have the Window Seat" :D

Die Hard 4.0 maybe "Too Hard To Die" sounds catchy too me.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope this happens. The first three are great movies, even if the second suffers from some weak spots.

Willis is only 50 years old. If Spielberg and Lucas are planning to suit up a mid-60s Harrison Ford as Indy one more time, I don't think Willis is even close to too old to play John McClane again.

Brian_J

Second Unit
Do you think they will use this line in the film:

"How can the same thing happen to the same guy FOUR times?!"

;)Brian

James@R

Second Unit

I agree.

After all, the first film was called, "Die Hard", so it's not as though these films ever pretended to be anything but entertaining.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Everything about this movie feels like flop. From the director the to writer to the concept to the title. It almost seems like they're making a bad movie so the demand for a fifth one will be non - existant.

Jonathan Hensleigh should write and direct this movie. On the commentary track for Die Hard With a Vengeance he talks about having a concept for a fourth movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks