What's new

Live Free or Die Hard (2007) (1 Viewer)

Dennis Castro

Second Unit

That's it!!! I knew there was something that bothered me about this flick. It just didn't seem like the old John McClane.

He didn't light up!

No one can light up quite like Willis. He turns it into an art form!!!!

I do agree. Things have become too sanitized in this regard. News flash!!! People smoke in real life!

*GASP!*

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
8/10

Enjoyable. I do have minor criticisms, but I found myself laughing and "oohing" quite a bit. I did enjoy it a lot more than the 3rd Die Hard movie, and it's the best action movie I've seen this year.

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
They should have recruited "I'm a PC" as a bad guy, if only as a cameo.

But they quit in real life too.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

There were some moments of pure Die Hard, though (such as the line about the girlfriend in the elevator and the location of the car). :)

But, I thought the true Die Hard moments only peeked through now and then. The rest was a fairly entertaining action movie.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Poor CGI IMHO on a lot of scenes, on that fact and lack of true Die Hard traits, I give it an 8/10 too.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I just kept wanting McClane to finish people off. That was a big difference from the previous films. Like when that guy fell out of the chopper and on the back of McClane's police cruiser, I fully expected McClane to shift it in reverse. There were so many times where I was going, "Come on! Kill the guy already!"

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
saw it today. it was terrible. definitely not die hard. for all the reasons people pretty much have stated. i saw ratatouille right after. boy what a big contrast between good and bad movies.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
It's not Die Hard 1 ... but it is very similar to Die Hard 3. Same type of story struction, McClaine + sidekick thing, running around a large area/city, etc.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Yeah, it was very Die Hard 3-ish, which was my least favorite. Now it's a toss up between 3 and 4.

It's best when he's left on his own, sort of winging it.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
What did Lucy mean when she said "That makes five of us" (maybe not verbatim) after Thomas Gabriel tried to get her to "talk some sense" into John?

Gruber + Stuart + Gruber + Gabriel + Lucy = 5?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
She was telling her father how many bad guys were left at that moment. She has probably heard the story of how he kept count in Nakatomi Plaza plenty of times.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit

I caught Die Hard 3 on cable over the weekend. Apparently he doesn't light up in that flick. It's still better than 4. I'm an idiot :)

Dennis Castro

Second Unit

I must of missed that part. As always someone either comes to the door or I get a call that I have to answer whenever I sit down to watch a movie.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
sam l+willis both had excellent chemistry in the 3rd... but even by then the die hard of the 80's had come and gone. it just felt very different, but sam l really held the movie through the end.

dh4 didn't have sam l, it didn't have ANYONE. bruce just by himself is difficult to carry a film in of itself.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Huh?? Did you see a different Die Hard Movie?;)

What about Justin Long? You know, the guy who was in practically every scene with Willis.I thought they had great chemistry. Better than Willis/Jackson in the vastly overrated (imo) Die Hard With A Vengeance.

The action in that film was OK, but I thought the action in LFODH was waay more exciting. This was the best Die hard film since the original and it definitely felt like a "Die hard" film to me.

I'll say it again, the BEST action film of the summer!:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks