What's new

Did Universal Drop Original Studio Logos? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Was watching "The Thing" on BD and I skipped the "modern" studio logo, expecting the original logo afterwards like it happens of their DVD, but on this BD it just went right to the credits. Is Universal no longer showing original logos anymore when it comes to BDs?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That would really piss me off. It's bad enough they do it with their TV shows (while Shout! Factory appears to keep them), but with movies now too?

They used to be so good at keeping them, unlike WB and MGM/UA

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what they've done with other older movies but I believe that The Thing actually doesn't have the Universal logo at the beginning. I think Carpenter mentions that at the beginning of his commentary.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Sam,
What Will means is that studios are dropping the original or vintage logos at the intros to their older movies in favor of the new ones. However what we are thinking is that the Thing never had a logo at the begining. The BD does after the warnings but it isnt part of the movie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks