1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Nintendo get sued or something?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Bardon, Dec 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Screenwriter

I noticed on both Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 2 that there's a "click through" screen that warns you to read the health & safety manual. This seems to be a rather new development-was there a lawsuit or something?

It's not a huge problem to click by the screen or anything, but I don't know if I like the precedent. What's next-forcing you to input a code from the manual indicating that you've read it?

2. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

I think the nintendo DS makes you do the same thing.. no matter if there is a game in or not.

3. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Nintendo has always played it safe. I think they're just trying to cover all their bases.

4. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Screenwriter

I've seen some newer games now start with epileptic seizure warnings. No doubt the company's lawyers advised them to include the warnings as an attempt to pre-empt lawsuits against them. Because nobody wants to accept their own responsibility to not do things that might hurt themselves.

5. James T

James T Screenwriter

Didn't someone sue the makers/publisher of Everquest for that reason? If I'm remembering the correct story, he also dropped out of university because it took too much of his time.

6. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Same old story, same old song and dance. Fortunately, I'll probably be dead before it gets worse. [​IMG]

7. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Just remember to make sure you family sues whoever's product you were using at the time.

8. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

I rmemeber the best example of these redicilous incidents, back in like 2002, saved it for times like these.

Taken from www.startribune.com

Lost future earnings? LOST FUTURE EARNINGS?

30 year old who plays 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, and trying to bring potential future earnings into it? Unless he was planning to become a professional N64 player, dedicating 48 hours a week to the console, this guy would be supported by his mother or a welfare bum for the rest of his life.