What's new

Did MGM just go UV? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Patrick Donahue
  • Start date
P

Patrick Donahue

Take a look on Vudu - RoboCop just became UV enabled... and it is still listed as an MGM title... just saying...

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I haven't heard any announcement about it, and I look for that kind of stuff, but I would think they will add more titles in the future if they added that one. The sooner the better. I have about 15 titles from MGM that I would like to add to my collection, but I won't until they are UV.

P

Patrick Donahue

The 3 titles in the Man With No Name trilogy are now UV. Seems like MGM is putting titles out in drips, with no fanfare...

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I had to google that to find out which films they were: The Good The Bad, and The Ugly, For a Few Dollars More, and A Fistfull of Dollars.

But they have also added Hang Em High, Robocop 2, and Robocop 3.

I think they will be adding more soon. A lot of MGM movies are coming out on Blu in the next few weeks, some of those could be added to the UV list.

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
I also just noticed some of my above-mentioned Vudu titles with new UltraViolet tags on them. This is indeed curious, and the UltraViolet website still does not list MGM as a partner. This is great news if it mean MGM is finally committing to UV, but it's odd there has been no public announcement.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
MGM was mentioned as a disc to digital partner at CES in wait for it...... 2013. Almost 18 months later, they are finally adding some UV titles, but still no disc to digital yet. Also, Hot Tub Time Machine just got a UV label at CinemaNow. Maybe they will add a few each week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks