1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Did I make the right choice? Sony KDL-46XBR2 vs KDL-46S2000

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kevin_M_M, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

I love the Bravias, I think they look great. I went with the KDL-46XBR2 for the 1080p. Anyone have any opinions on if that was thr right call? Obviously its more expensive but I'm looking for the better picture and the technology to become obsolete as fast.

2. Nick:G

Nick:G Stunt Coordinator

The other difference between those two sets aside from the higher resolution is the XBR has a WEGA Engine enhancements, whereas the S2000 does not. I think you made the right choice; the new 1080p models are surprisingly good. I just unboxed a 46" Qualia 005 at my store and it's a remarkable set, but pricey (at $5,999 MSRP).

3. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

my wife was not pleased with the purchase as its a bit more difficult to explain the technical whys to the extremely non-techy. now its just a question of if it will actually be delivered on friday as the tweeter expects... can't wait...

4. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

Hello, all...

We just purchased the KDL 46XBR2, which will be delivered next weekend. The store where we purchased it had about 5 on at different spots around the showroom.

We loved the way it looked, the inputs (SO MANY!), and the price seemed very good.

We're replacing a two year old Wega 34in widescreen HD CRT.