What's new

Did BDA use fake forum accounts & blogs created to promote Blu-Ray - "Phase Hydra"? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
John Haghighi
Here is what Blu-ray Insider TalkStr8t says about this over on AVS Insiders thread:

I'm not comfortable posting verbatim here from a confidential document, but I feel it's better to clear the air than to let misinformation inform the agenda...

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
It is interesting how each of us thinks "our insiders" are more accurate and honest. Who spins more? These companies or we silly-hard-ass consumers?
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Pete T C

Second Unit

You are aware that BD50 still has yet to be replicated outside of Sony's replication plant, right? And, further that BD50 still is not up to good replication rates at a reasonable price as evidenced by continued slating of frequent future BD25 releases despite the relatively small amount of actual discs produced and sold. If BD50 was really ready for prime time and economically feasible, replication plants other than Sony's would be replicating it and the future would hold nearly all BD50 releases; in both cases, this has not happened.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Those qualifications were not offered the context of Amir's FUD-spin in the quotes that I'm talking about (which were some months back... right before the first batch of 50BG BD titles were shipped). He wasn't saying "feasable without subsidizing any time soon" or "in great numbers any time soon"... he was stating that 50GB replication was an impossibility and that we'd most likely NEVER see a 50GB BD title hit the street this year, or ever.

The mere presense of the Chicago BD negates the veracity of his statements.

The question about who is manufacturing 50GB discs, in what quantity, and how much they cost to make, is a separate conversation from whether or not they are "possible" to produce.

Given Toshiba's and Microsoft's subsidizing of HD DVD hardware to help establish market-penetration, let's tread carefully on thoughts for criticizing Sony for temporarily subsidizing BD replication while production lines are gearing up.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Will you now all, PLEASE, stop discussing members of other forums, in their capacity as such, here or the posts they allegedly made on other forums?

In fact, we cannot even check here what's said about it or about them, and furthermore it's mighty impolite to those people!

Thanks for understanding.

Cees

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Untrue. Ssomeone posted a list of companies pressing BD50 discs. At least 3 (including Sony). One replicator actually talked about adding BD50 lines sometime this spring and anticipated costs.

MOST releases are BD50 now. Just because every new title is not makes you think of replication problems? How many years was it before dual-layer DVDs were considered normal? Hell, there are still some DVD-5s being made today.

Fact is I can buy a BD-R burner and it's BD-50 capable out already.

Fight HD DVD FUD!

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
We don't need information posted from internal documents to be misinformed as almost every company involved in this war presents misinformation disguised press releases nearly on a daily basis.

Real Name
John Haghighi

Just to be clear those are not my words.

I don't see this as anything more than misinformation spinned to one sides advantage.

Phase Hydra to me is just BDA's realization that the HD DVD camp is doing a better job of providing knowledgeable insiders to answer Q's and spin on forums. That's all, let the conspiracy theorists have a field day with it.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Typical.
Why single out one type of FUD? There's much, much more than HD DVD FUD alone!

This is a HT-consumers forum. Fight all FUD!

Cees

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
FUD stands for Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. They are the typical tactics used to persuade someone of something without the use of any real logical analysis.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks