What's new

Did anyone see Katie Holmes on Letterman last night? (1 Viewer)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I do find it strange being that both movies look pretty good I have no idea why they'd need a publicity stunt like this. I don't think it's a stunt I just think the Press is doing what they do best, Hitting everyone over the head with a hammer pounding away till we are fast food flavored news consumers to the nth degree. I got nuthin'

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know what's more disturbing - this whole Holmes/Cruise thing...the fact that this thread got 22 replies so far (er, 23)...or the fact that I read every single one of them.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
When does everyone think this relationship will end? Right after WotW is released? Or maybe a two month buffer? I can't see it lasting until 2006.

Clint B

Second Unit
Supposedly, Katie's now converting to Scientology. I hope she's doing that because she really wants to, but one does wonder.

By the way, I'll take the under.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Its going to "officially" go til 2006 BUT they won't attend the same New Years Eve Party which will essentially mark the beginning of the end for this "relationship", ie the tabloids will headline "Could it be over ... Tom and Katie are not together on New Years Eve!!"

BTW am I the only one who is having a hard time seeing Katie Holmes as anything but a young highschooler?? She doesn't seem like the right person to play older rolls than that -- I guess its just my brain in the way.

Greg

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It's absurd to think that people would date in such a fashion as a publicity stunt.

Leaking rumors of dating and cryptically answering related inquiries? Yes.

Actually showing up on talk shows and proclaiming their love to the world just to sell a movie which needs no selling?

Come on... these people are well... people you know? Not everything they do must have some kind of ulterior motive.

--
H

EricW

Senior HTF Member
it's hard to respect a star's right to privacy when they're so open about it. i mean Cruise proposes on the Eiffel Tower and the next day he delcares it to the world via a publicist or interview or something. then he talks about how tough it is being in the spotlight.

(having said that, there's no way this coupling is a publicity stunt i think)

i would much more respect the privacy of a reculsive star that likes to keep his personal life private (basically the other 99% of actors) like a Johnny Depp or Sean Penn or even Brad Pitt.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think Cruise is one of the few celebrities that accepts the spotlight and never complains about it.

~T

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Interesting Blind item from Page Six of today's NY Post

I'm drawing a pretty big blank on who else this could be in reference to.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

If we're building on rampant speculation, I saw somewhere [actually a political site reporting this little nugget, so I won't go into where] that Tom had put the hard press on Jennifer Garner to be his arm candy before settling on Katie. Said Jennifer had to tell him firmly that she was sticking with Ben and to leave her alone and stop sending gifts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks