What's new

Did any shows NOT get a Emmy nomination (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
We're at that time again where show ads also let us know how many emmy nominations the show got.. but it seems like EVERY show in Primetime got at least 2 nominations. How many catagories are there?
------------------

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I think everyone knows that Buffy did not get a single nomination and a lot of people are upset about it.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Neither did The Gilmore Girls. In fact, The WB got zero nominations. UPN got 10; most were technical ones for Star Trek: Voyager, though. Here's the network breakdown
As for the number of categories, there a lot of them
//Ken

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I don't actually care how many didn't :) I was just commenting on the number that did.
------------------

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Then you did a poor job wording this thread.
------------------

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I think the thread is titled properly, just depends on where you place the inflection in the sentence.
cheers!
josh

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, forgot to add the smiley face to the above message to indicate it was meant in jest. :)
------------------

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Please excuse my tongue here, but the Emmys are a bunch of bullshit, and they have no balls! Crude I know, but true.
To keep excluding stellar show's like 'Buffy', it shows that they only nominate the "safe" shows. I am convinced that if 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' was not called 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', it would have been nominated a long time ago! They're embarresd by the shows name, that's the reason it hasn't been nominated. One only needs to look at 'Felicitys' Keri Russle beating Sarah Michelle Gellar in her FIRST YEAR, when SMG was turning out outstanding performances for 3 seasons before KR came along to see that they clearly have no clue. Whatever. I have a prediction, 'The West Wing' will beat out 'The Sopranos' in every catagory just as it did last year, even though 'The Sopranos' is superior in every way.
I put 0 stock in these award shows, including the 'Oscars', as I said above, they have no idea what they're doing.
Again, excuse my tongue.
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched the Emmys (or the Grammys) for years. But I haven't missed an Oscar telecast in 30-some years. It's the only award show I ever watch anymore, even though it's ultimately meaningless.
------------------

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry, I don't understand why, of all things, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is used as the model for underappreciated shows.
I'll be the first one to diss awards shows and the like, but, come on, Buffy?
Hey, it's cool if that's your thing, but there are more deserving shows that are constantly neglected, usually in the sci-fi genre. Star Trek the Next Generation and Babylon 5 never get props, even though they have more character development and better stories than any episode of, well, whatever the hell wins those statues.
The problem is that people still associate "Emmy nominated" with "good." Don't let those bastards tell you what to watch.
It's all so political anyway. Would Malcolm in the Middle get so many nominations if it weren't conveniently placed between the Simpsons and X-Files? Seinfeld, Frasier, and the Simpsons started to get tons of nominations after they had hit their peak. The Simpsons was always treated as joke until they were so popular that the Emmy people figured they would have to give it some awards. Now it is winning awards even though the quality of the show has dramatically decreased. As far as animated shows go, the Family Guy is funnier than the Simpsons now. I dare them to nominate it for an award.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks