What's new

Dick Van Dyke Show Collection - All 5 seasons together - May 24th! (2 Viewers)

charles-h

Agent
got mine today:) the only motion card on mine is the one on the front with rob falling out of the jury box. The sides just have bw pictures( hope that helps if not i could send pictures later). Soo i have a 3 day weekend i will be watching dick van dyke, and eating a 5 pound box of twillizers, so my halloween is all set have a good one.

charles-h

Agent
yep well at least on mine, the card really doesnt work that well and the pictures on the sides are just pictures, but the montion card is no conected to the box it is just a peice of paper slide in over the top of the disc. and it comes with a small booklet telling a lil about the show.
man that is a great show been watching it all night:)

Jason-D

Agent
My own copy of this is the same as described here, printed pictures on the box ends and the lenticular picture on the front of the box is the courtroom scene.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Charles and Jason for the Mega-Set box info. Wonder why they switched the front pic from the "ottoman" pic (which is much nicer and more 'quintessential' to the V.Dyke series, IMO) to the "jury box" photo?

Oh well...

ROB -- "You mean Evelyn weighed 90 pounds?"

H.B. Harding -- "You remembered! You have an amazing memory, Rob! I can't wait to get together and cut up old touches with you buddy! ... You dog you!" :)

charles-h

Agent
the only complaint i have about the dvd mege set is that their is no listing of special features on the back of the disc, like whats on what disc till you play it. does anyone know if "the dick van dyke show revisited: is inculded on this set? if not does anyone know how i can get a hold of a copy?
thanks so much:)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

I'm nearly positive the answer to this inquiry is "No". I don't have or need the Mega-Set, so it's only a guess. But the answer had better be "no", because the Mega dealie, I assume, is simply a re-packaging of all of the previously-released 25 Image discs of DVD-on-DVD into one large grouping (with no added items).

There certainly are no added discs; so I'm nearly 100% sure the 2004 "Re-Visited" "159th episode" is not included.

What I'd like to have occur is for Image (or anybody) to release a disc containing misc. Dick Van Dyke programming, such as that Re-Visited special, plus the "Dick And The Other Woman" program with MTM from 1969, the 2000 TV-Land Van Dyke 2-hr. Special, the "Dick Van Dyke Meets Bill Cosby" special from 1970, the "Biography" program that A&E did on Dick in 2000 (called "Put On A Happy Face"), plus the tons of bloopers that exist in the Van Dyke Show archives someplace.

That'd make for a great "Dick Van Dyke Potpourri" DVD. :)

Perhaps even some of Mary Tyler Moore's early TV bit parts could be included -- like her (leggy) role as "Sam" in David Janssen's "Richard Diamond" detective series; plus an MTM-guest-starring episode of Boris Karloff's "Thriller" TV series that I'd just love to find someplace (the ep. entitled "The Fatal Impulse", from the series' first season, which aired in November of 1960, two months before Mary played "Laura Petrie" for the very first time while filming the debut Van Dyke Show ep.).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh, no! Far be it from me to try and re-direct the object of someone's obsession. I believe it's in the U.S. Constitution...something about the right to obsess over the individual of your choice. There are so many to choose from...its interesting who we, as individuals, wind up selecting.

My fix is coming soon (November 22!):

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I can appreciate your June fixation. But, I think my obsessive gaze in this "Beaver" case must lean toward Miss Alice Landers (Sue Randall) :) ......

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can agree with you on Miss Landers, too...but you DO realize you've got to get through Miss Canfield first! Very classy! But a novice. Good thing Mrs. Rayburn was around to help her out!

Really, we should take this over to the LITB thread! :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Oh, you bet I realize that. Diane Brewster was pert-near as fine as Miss Landers.

Diane Trivia -- She had the unique distinction of portraying a character who was dead for the entire 4-year run of the TV series ("The Fugitive").

All I need to do now is find a way to segue these LITB items back into the subject of this thread (TDvDS).*

* = Well, we could always do that by mentioning this versatile penguin-resembling actor :) .......

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Via www.thewalnuttimes.com comes this news......

"David Van Deusen participated in the production of the Emmy-nominated Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited special which aired to huge ratings on CBS in May 2004, assisting in the research and development of the flashback clip segments included in the program. He is currently consulting on the bonus footage under consideration for inclusion on the proposed DVD release of The Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059...153972-5835350

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Scott .... I don't believe so. It's too bad that that "159th episode" Special didn't air a bit sooner than it did in 2004 -- because that would have been an ideal bonus supplement for the Season 5 DVD-On-DVD set which surfaced in late June '04.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
As crushingly disappointing as that special is (though merely passable to start with, the lamentable Ray Romano's thoroughly unnecessary presence really kills it), it will still be nice to have on DVD for the completist in me. Though I'd gladly trade the opportunity of ever seeing that again for a DVD of all the bloopers. Note to Messrs. Reiner, Van Dyke, and Brownstein: that's what the fans REALLY want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks