What's new

Dick Van Dyke Show Collection - All 5 seasons together - May 24th! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Same for me. I'll probably avoid this online store for future buys but the price for this set was very good at this site. Fortunately, I have about 10 other TV/DVD series that I'm watching so I don't mind the wait for this one.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have a lot of other series to watch, too. I just don't like having been charged already and not knowing when my set will ship. I'm leaving for a vacation tomorrow. If it hasn't shipped by the time I get back in a few days, I'll probably contact them to see what's up.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Image Entertainment, Inc., was kind enough to mail me -- :emoji_thumbsup: :) for free :) :emoji_thumbsup: -- a copy of the 12-page collectible booklet that's included in THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW: THE COMPLETE SERIES DVD Mega-Set -- and I can confirm (to anybody who might give a hoot) that the booklet's content is identical to the previously-released mini-booklets included in each of the 5 full-seasons DVD sets.

The text and photographs are verbatim to what was included in those individual-season sets. They've just re-worked the five smaller booklets into one larger one, with the only difference being the cover of the 12-page version, which sports this exact image (including the words "The Complete Series" and "All 5 Seasons!").......

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I'm seeing the individual season boxes in Costco now for in the $28 range. I already have them, but someone needing to finish their collection of perhaps the best TV on DVD series can do so relatively inexpensively. (A lot less than the $799 for the Ottoman Collection :) )

Image and Paul Brownstein can be rightfully proud of these releases.

Steve

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Was wondering if anyone ever purchased the "Complete Series" Mega Set of "The Dick Van Dyke Show" (which was released on May 24th, 2005)?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...153972-5835350

http://dvdondvd.com/allfive.jpg

Was just curious as to how difficult (or easy) it is to remove just a single ThinPak case from the large case that houses the 25 discs?

Also -- I ran across these two gorgeous photographs of the ultra-fetching MTM today. (In color no less. :))

Just thought I'd share with fans of the greatest TV sitcom ever to come down the pike ("The Dick Van Dyke Show", of course). :) .......

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...1&d=1128900796 http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...1&d=1128900913

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

I just received the compelete season set this week. It's a little difficult removing the disks but worth it :D I bought this set after buying the S1 pack earlier this year before I knew about the complete set coming available. I gave my S1 set to my nephew, who shocked me by telling me (before I gave the set to him) that he liked this show. Amazing...the kid wasn't even born until '80
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
I still get a kick out of the youngsters that like the classic shows that us "'Boomers" grew up with :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Boy. I think somebody's got it bad...and I mean BAD for Mary Tyler Moore and those legs...and those capri pants...and dancing outfits!!! :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Happy 2nd Birthday to......

The Season 1 and Season 2 Van Dyke Show DVD sets (released two years ago today, on October 21, 2003).

As Buddy would say: "My, how flime ties."

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Willis -- Calling Mr. Jeffrey Willis......

Can you tell me if the Complete Series Mega Box has three total "lenticular" (motion) pictures included, which I think is the case? I.E.: One "motion" card on each end of the huge slipcase, plus the ottoman-tripping motion picture on the front 'flap'?

Is that about the size of this Van Dyke Show mega-packaging situation as she currently exists? (Info desired for own personal edification.)

Thanks...and ten-four. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks