What's new

Diana Krall's SACD is missing one song! (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if this has been answered. For some reason I cannot see any of the postings on any subjects. The missing song is there, it just isn't available in the multi-channel mode.

Danny Spencer

Auditioning
There is a statement somewhere on the package that says that the bonus selection is available in SACD stereo only.
You will have to choose stereo on your player to hear that last tune.
Danny

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
Your right I had to change the settings in my DVD player to play SACD in 2 channel area instead of Multi-Channel area, an the song was there.

I just hope they do not do this with future Diana Krall disc's because it is a bit annoying to have to change setting's for one song.

BTW There is supposed to be a new one from Diana Krall in November, can't wait!

Thanks for your help!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Thanks,
That album is better in stereo[IMO],that's how it's being played all the time, anyhow I guess that's why I didn't notice this.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The bonus track was recorded and mixed by different folks than the album. When it came time to do the multi-channel, the same person who mixed all of the tracks but the bonus one in stereo mixed the same tracks in 5.1. It would have been better if they had listed it as a "bonus stereo-only" track more prominently on the back cover.

The Al Green DVD-Audio had a similar situation with the last track "Belle". It is only available in stereo as the multi-tracks were either missing or unavailable for a remix. It's a shame, because "Belle" is a track that could really stand for a remix, even in stereo.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks