What's new

Dexter - season 6 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Dexter" returns on Showtime tonight for its 6th season in its usual 9 p.m. EDT timeslot.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Does Huluplus carry current seasons of Dexter? I moved recently and to save money I didn't get showtime. I figured I would just get ala cart during Dexter but wanted to see if there might be some cheaper alternatives to watching Season 6.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After enjoying She Spies here and there in syndication a few years ago, gotta give it up for Dexter's good fortune at the reunion...

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Adam Sanchez said:
Does Huluplus carry current seasons of Dexter? I moved recently and to save money I didn't get showtime. I figured I would just get ala cart during Dexter but wanted to see if there might be some cheaper alternatives to watching Season 6.
I highly doubt it'll be on anything else until after the season is done with. Showtime wants people to subscribe to their channel more than they want anything else.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, that was a good time; reminded me a bit of Grosse Point Blanke, actually. Good stuff though. Dexter is always welcome to have back.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
To a certain extent, it feels like the reset button has been pushed. LaGuerta and Bautista are back to not being married, Rita's kids are seemingly out of the picture, Dexter isn't involved with anyone....free to kill whoever he targets. Looks like some more Dexteresque killings for him to deal with.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay start to the season. I wasn't a big fan of last season at all so hopefully the show gets a little bit back to it's roots. Looks like there will be a lot of religious undertones in this one, which could potentially be a bad thing.

One thing that really got me though - I find it completely unbelievable that the jock seemingly got completely off with the initial investigation with the murder (suicide) of his wife. I mean, I realize Dexter is supposed to be one of the best at what he does, but you're telling me he can solve that crime by looking at some pictures of the crime scene and matching a blood sample, but the local police department never suspected and/or investigated the husband? Couldn't they have written that better saying he got off on a technicality or something?

Paul D G

Screenwriter
^^^ agree about the jock getting off. Dexter notices blood on the fingernails that the investigating cops didn't. I expected him to comment on sloppy autopsy, or a quick to dismiss as suicide due to some political favor to the jock, etc.

Glad Dexter is back. Not happy they've moved the release of the books to coincide with the series now. I wish they'd release the books in summer to spread it out more. Knowing me, after I start reading the book I'll start incorporating book-world details into the tv-show-world and it'll just mess me up.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I didn't feel it was necessary to explain the favorable treatment of the jock. We all know such treatment happens.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by RobertR

I didn't feel it was necessary to explain the favorable treatment of the jock. We all know such treatment happens.

Except the favorable treatment is only speculation on our part. All you see on the show is Dex sees blood under the nails in a photo and thinks the jock did it and off we go.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Paul D G said:
Except the favorable treatment is only speculation on our part. All you see on the show is Dex sees blood under the nails in a photo and thinks the jock did it and off we go.
True, but the show has never focused on why Dexter's "targets" escaped conventional justice. It's all about how he gets to the kill.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I really hope this Colin Hanks/Edward James Olmos story line goes somewhere because I have zero interest in it right now.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I liked the latest episode a lot. Once again, Dexter confronts a character who causes him to analyze himself. The spilling of the slides was a nice touch. I also really liked the introduction between Deb and the new detective. Looks like an interesting new character. And the imagery of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is the sort of thing that got me hooked on this show in the first place.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So is there anything to Masuka's hot intern being obsessed with the Ice Truck Killer? Could she be the one to discover Dexter's past and eventually lead to his demise?

Still really disappointed with the EJO storyline.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Heh, we find out why the intern stole the prosthetic arm in the episode last night. Didn't realize how much screen time Mos would be getting. At least Dexter is finally clued in on a serial killer(s) on the loose. Knew Deb would let loose with the f-bombs in the news interview, just like LaGuerta knew, but it turned out okay since the captain liked the frankness. Not sure about the new guy on Deb's team. Angel and Quinn toking up was sort of funny in an impromtu buddy-buddy moment between them.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I thought last nights ep was really solid. I tended to agree, if a police lt. came out and said 'look, I'm not going to parse my words, because all I care about is catching this f---, so keep your eyes out' there is a HUGE crowd of people who would go for that. Yes, there would be some offended by the language, but a lot of people would like the "I'm here to Kick-ass" mentality Deb projects.

I she is damn good in that role. I also found all of the scenes at the hospital to be VERY good; they help to slowly grow his character, loved everything about it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Eh, I don't know. The Mos stuff is okay. And at least the story line with EJO/Collin Hanks got a little more interesting. Harrison conveniently getting sick was kind of lazy just to get Dexter more in touch with his spiritual side.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks