1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Developing story: FoxNews pulls programming from Sirius over contract dispute

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Keep up on the developing details HERE

2. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Well-Known Member

Jeff Adkins
    Several people have confirmed on Sirius Backstage Forums that the TV feed is indeed gone.....at least for now.

3. Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack Well-Known Member

Good - one less outlet for them to spew their BS.

4. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    (Tim, let's be careful of posting anything that
    might erupt political discussion here) [​IMG]

5. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Well-Known Member

Don't know what this is all about, but FOX NEWS is still on Sirius. If it was gone, it couldn't have been for more than a short time, as I have it on in the car all the time.

6. TedT

TedT Well-Known Member

Wow! That's so open-minded!

Don't you think all sides of an issue or political viewpoint should be represented?

7. dailW

dailW Well-Known Member

fox news is on right now on sirius.

8. Ernie Estrella

Ernie Estrella Well-Known Member

Ernie
    I RARELY listen to news on my Sirius radio and even then it's BBC or NPR, actual reputable news sources. Fox News is something I block anyway.

9. Bob_L

Bob_L Well-Known Member

I think what Ron is saying is that this is a home theater forum and not a forum for political discussion. [​IMG]

It appears that the Fox service interruption may have been just a bit of sword waving on both sides. Apparently, the dispute has been resolved.

10. TedT

TedT Well-Known Member

What I was referring to was someone not liking FOX not wanting FOX to be broadcasting.

11. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Well-Known Member

Jeff Adkins
    According to a thread over at Sirius Backstage, Alan Colmes and Tony Snow's radio shows will be off Sirius effective 12/17, and the simulcast of the Fox "News" Channel TV feed will be gone effective 1/1. Supposedly there is something on Alan Colmes' website stating this and begging people to call Sirius and request that they keep Fox. Also, Sirius Customer Service is confirming this as well.....for whatever that's worth.

Even though I hate the channel personally, this will be a big blow to Sirius. Lots of people are glued to it religously. While Howard Stern or NASCAR might not be enough for most people to switch, the Fox News disciples will be switching to XM in large numbers if this is indeed true.

None of the "exclusive" deals from either side have really shocked me that much....(NHL, MLB, Air America, Opie & Anthony to XM.....Stern, Martha Stewart and NASCAR to Sirius), but I do find this one somewhat surprising. Especially in spite of the fact that XM already carries MSNBC and CNN Headline which are not carried by Sirius. To lose Fox "News", seems like corporate suicide in my opinion.