What's new

Deuce video scaler, please help (1 Viewer)

Jim Sutt

Auditioning
Hi I am new here and need some help. I have a Sony 1042 projector and a video scaler. I have a S-video cable going to the input of the scaler and a component video cable going to the projector from the scaler. The problem is that at the lowest resolution I get two pictures on my screen and at the highest resolution I get multiple pictures. There is a sync input on the scaler, am I supposed to have something hooked to that and if so, what does it hook up to?

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i think that Allan Jayne has guessed correctly in the scaler post in the Audio/Video Sources area. the highest scan rate your 1042 projector can accept is 15.75, which is 480i. as Allan said, if you try to exceed the max scan rate of your projector, you're gonna get multiple images.

since your pj will only accept 480i, sounds like you just need a transcoder, not a scaler.

Jim Sutt

Auditioning
I sure do appreciate both of you for helping. I was affraid that my projector wasn't compatible with the scaler, and that semms to be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks