What's new

Detroit loses again.....falls to 0-12 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Congratulations to all Lion fans! A well-deserved victory today.
...at least they applied the coup de grace to their longtime archrival today.
Sorry, Jim, but I don't think many of us in Minnesota consider Detroit an archrival. ;)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The quest for perfection has ended. :frowning::):frowning::)
The closest Detroit has to an "archrival" is probably the Bears, but it has been so long since both teams simultaneously contended for even a divisional title that it hardly qualifies as a rivalry anymore.
Regards,

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I'm not saying that the Lions have been the Vikings' chief rival, but for as long as I can remember, the converse has been true. At least any of the years that the Lions were good enough to have an archrival.
Maybe archvillians would have been a better term.;)

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
What a match up!!!. Suspense right to the end, Lions keep trying to let the Vikings back in the game and have the streak in tact, but the Vikings just refuse to cooperate;) .

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
Pick the Lions this weekend at home.I believe that they are playing the Vikings and if so,they won just one game on the road this year.

Well...I guess that I was right!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Damn, the Lions won! It's not often that one has a chance to make history like that. The Lions blew their chance. :frowning:

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Yeah did you see Matt Millen having a religious moment in the booth after the win?

To Matt: Helloooo! Dumbass! You're still 1 & 12! What are you celebrating about!?! The best you could hope for is a 4 & 12 record! Oh.. yeah! Break out the champagne!

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Every time I hear that "Detroit is the best 0-12 team ever", I have to laugh. Just how many other 0-12 teams are there to compare them to? Let's face it, when a team loses twelve straight games, it's not a very good football team. In fact, it is a bad football team.
Agreed, though I found one stat interesting. If games were 55 minutes, Detroit would have been 10-2 (now 11-2) this year. Just bullshit "what if's", but interesting nonethelesss.

And how about them finally winning a game, and acting like they'd just walked off with the Lombardi trophy... Lot's of pent up frustration I guess, but still...

Personally, I was hoping they'd go 0-16 for two reasons. 1. History making. 2. A piece of shit local sports radio talk show host who I can't stand, picked the Lions to go to the Superbowl. Nice call jackass! Understand, this is the same guy who said the Dbacks didn't have a chance against the Yankees, and that the Cards had no chance to beat the Raiders (thankfully, he lost huge bets with listeners on both). What a moron. TF

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
While I agree that the players and Millen were a little too emotional, considering that they are still 1-12, I can at least understand the relief in avoiding 0-16 and NFL immortality (in a bad way).
The funniest comment was from Johnnie Morton, who said that "Jay Leno can kiss my ass!"
Of course, Morton also said this was the biggest win of his pro career. That's a silly statement... well, wait a minute, considering how bad the Lions have been, maybe he's right. :)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I found one stat interesting. If games were 55 minutes, Detroit would have been 10-2 (now 11-2) this year.
Sounds good, but it can't be true. I recall noting that they got their first lead of the season in game 5.

Oh well, it was about game 5 that I became willing to settle for exciting games from them, rather than hope for success in the standings. To their credit, they've delivered in that department. If not for the penalties, the losses would have been a little easier to take. The turnovers are to be expected when they've had to go for broke so often this year.

Oh well, wait 'til next year! The 3rd place teams in the NFL had better watch out!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks