What's new

Details on Fox/Criterion deal? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit
During the last chat with Fox, Mr. Staddon understandably had to be "a bit cryptic" as to the release plans for Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Kagemusha, and Three Women.

However, now that Naked Lunch has appeared on Criterion's November schedule it seems that the cat is out of the bag. Can we expect a press release from Fox? Wellspring released one when they struck their deal. I'm very curious as to what other titles were part of the initial agreement, what the term of the license is, and if any other titles will be looked at in the future. If there is not to be a formal press release, and Mr. Staddon can answer any of these questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
Well, I hope that if Fox and Criterion have a deal, then Criterion will see fit to release Soderbergh's Solaris under the Criterion banner.

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any further word yet on the Fox/ Criterion deal?
What are the chances the films like:
ZORBA, THE GREEK (1964)
THE WEDDING BANQUET (1993)
THE FLIM-FLAM MAN (1967)
HARRY AND TONTO (1974)
Robert Altman's THE WEDDING
WHO IS HARRY KELLERMAN AND WHY IS HE SAYING THOSE TERRIBLE THINGS ABOUT ME (1971)

Greg K

Second Unit
H-m-m-m-mmmm....

Cronenberg's Dead Ringers and Naked Lunch (both Fox-distributed films, I believe) were both Criterion releases. Could The Fly (1986) be an upcoming Criterion/Fox release? The extras on the afforementioned DVDs were a bit skimpy, and I woul hope The Fly gets a bucketload of extras.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
THE WEDDING BANQUET was a Samuel Goldwyn title originally released on tape and laser by Fox. MGM owns it now.
WHO IS HARRY KELLERMAN...is a CBS property that Fox released when they were partnered with the network for home video. I believe that has gone to Paramount.

A Fox/Criterion partnership for me would make me want to see these released:

LUNA
BIGGER THAN LIFE
FORTY GUNS
THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT
VANISHING POINT
THE INNOCENTS

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Seems to me that UNFAITHFULLY YOURS (Preston Struges) is another coming Fox/Criterion title.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I thought I heard that 3 WOMEN, A WEDDING and other Altman titles were going to be Criterion. Also for some reason I think BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks