What's new

Details: Kill Bill: Volume One (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I dont like the artwork.

Ive seen some great fan art like the ones at Rotten Tomatoes that were excellent.

They look better than the official art.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
For myself, I only believe in owning ONE version of any single movie or DVD - the best version. For example, I only own the extended Lord of Rings, Director's Cut of Tombstone, Apoc. Now Redux, Terminator 2 Extreme, etc.

I will wait on Kill Bill until all the versions are released. I will just rent the April release.

George See

Second Unit
I prolly rent this and then wait for the special edition, my wife gives me a hard enough time double dipping on LOTR let alone this.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
From what I've heard, it's not going to be a double-dip in the traditional sense, but more of a Lord of the Rings type release. The first release will have the theatrical cut and a set of special features, and the same thing will happen for the 2nd movie. Then there will also be a larger release later on, with a different cut of the movie (or maybe just edited together, dunno), and a different set of special features.

I enjoyed Kill Bill vol. 1 a lot. I saw it twice in the theaters. Seeing movies in the theater more than once is pretty unusual for me. I'll spend the $14 or so for the theatrical DVD when it's released in April.

Oh, and I like the cover. It's not as good as the teaser poster (with the foiled sword), but maybe Quentin is going to use that for the combined DVD release.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
If menu shots are your thing we've just posted a couple here The disc includes a number of trailers by the looks of things, including one for Kill Bill Volume One Bootleg and a teaser for Volume Two. Shame there isn't anything more meaty though :frowning:

BarryS

Second Unit
Very frustrating. I was looking forward to buying Kill Bill the day it was released. However, I will not be buying a movie-only version if a special edition of volume 1 and 2 is released 6 months later. Very disappointing. I want to own this movie so badly, but I will just have to rent it and wait. :frowning: :frowning:

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

There is no way I will buy this toned down in black & white to appease the MPAA censored version. I will get it from another region.

Sorry, but I like my films uncensored.

Jeff

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I am also getting the R2 Japanese version, which will have the House of Blue Leaves sequence in color (which I DOUBT, with Disney's "no unrated" policy, will ever show the light of day here unless Miramax splits) and the extended anime sequence, as that was how it was released theatrically in that country.

That said, I might just pick up the R1 too (to be a completist and have the theatrical version ;) ).

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator
The bootleg is a trailer, done in a style similar to the movies that influenced "Kill Bill." It played in a handful of theaters prior to the movie's release. It's on the soundtrack CD, but it (and the other trailers) might even make this DVD worth buying in spite of the inevitable SE.

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
And as long as we're discussing Japanese versions, the Japanese KB poster was far more effective, IMHO, than the poster featuring Uma.

BarryS

Second Unit

Do we know for a fact that the scene was black and white beause of the MPAA? Perhaps it was QT's intention all along. I don't recall him talking about this in interviews so I don't know what his feelings were exactly.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

Perhaps someone else can site exact sources but I read that the film was given an NC-17 and Quentin chose to put the sequences in B&W so he wouldn't have to cut them to get it down to an R.

I just can't wait to see this film in its original form as opposed to the butchered U.S. release.

Jeff

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator
I've never seen anything about it ever actually getting an NC-17. The script (which has been online for well over a year) mentions the switch to B&W and back, so many people have surmised that the de-colorization was a pre-emptive move to keep the MPAA placated. I'd still like to see it in all its gory glory, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks