What's new

Desperate Housewives - season 6 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Desperate Housewives returns for its 6th season on ABC in its usual 9 p.m. EDT timeslot tonight. All I remember is that Edie's gone, and Bree and Susan's ex Carl are now an item after Bree decided to divorce Orson. Oh, and we don't know who Mike ended up marrying, either Susan or Catherine.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I thought it was a strong season premiere, and some of the writing was stellar, especially Lynette's anti-motherhood screed in the OBGYN's office. But yeah, the whole "new nieghbors with a dark secret" thing has been beaten to death. I guess that's the theme of the show since they do it every single season. But it feels real old.

Hey, way to keep us in suspense about Julie's condition, promo dept. The question about whether she was was alive or dead was answered before the end credits.

When Drea took off her dress at the end of the show, I said, "Man, for some reason, I'm hungry for pizza!". My wife was horrified.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think the problem I had is that if Lynnette is in her mid-40s, and she's had two bouts with cancer, there is NO WAY she's suddenly having twins. It just took me so out of it that I couldn't think about it. Without getting into the gory details, no oncologist or OBGYN would leave her in a position where that would be possible.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Is anybody still watching this? I want to know who you think attacked Julie. First I thought it was Katherine, then I thought Angela. I think I'm right because last night, Angela brought it up with Susan to make her think it was Katherine.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm thoroughly confused as to who attacked Julie. Not a show I watch closely, just playing in the background while I'm doing schoolwork, but I always thought it was the son and more recently the father of the new family on the block, but Angela makes more sense.

Then with this show being so unpredictable, who knows. It could end up being Orson during a sleepwalking episode or Gaby's niece because she's jealous.

It's a light fluff show that's fun to pass the time.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Well, now it seems pretty obvious that Dominic was the one that attacked Julie.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by xfile94

Well, now it seems pretty obvious that Dominic was the one that attacked Julie.
Really? It seems more obvious that it's Angie (or whatever Adriana is going by these days). Which means it's probably not her either.

By god, this show is so dependent on the idiot plot that it's idiotic. If it weren't for the fact that there is a weekly ritual where my friend and his wife join us to watch on Sunday night, I would be tempted to drop the show.

How fast and furious are the wheels of the justice in Fairview that Katharine drops a cup on the side of the road and ends up on an orange jumpsuit next to Susan seemingly within a matter of minutes? The timelines for the other plots occur in the space of a few days, so it was quite the kangaroo court, especially for a first offender who merely littered.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Could be Angela...could be Dominic...could be Edie for all we know...the question is does anyone even care? The writing on this show is just so bad.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just ignoring reality and suspending belief about how people will really react in real life, has anyone still been watching?

I thought the episode last night was amusing! At first, I thought that the person who was going to die was Lynette's babies since she was able to save Gabby's daughter at the last second. In a behind the scenes shot I saw, she saves Gabby's baby, but her tummy runs into a large object. So perhaps her unborn babies could have been injured.

Then I suspected they were setting up the lady who was blackmailing Angie for $67K to die. And the it looks like she might have since she appears to have been hit by the plane. At the very least, it looked like her legs were cut off!

The confrontation between Orson and Karl, now that Orson knows that Karl was sleeping with Bree are the obvious victems as the plane hits the building they were in. And one bloody hand is hanging out a window.

But in the past, they've always strung the audience along and didn't actually kill who you think they did. Like Eddie, who survived her hanging. My guess, if anyone cares, are still Lynette's babies. If that happens, because she saved Gabby's daughter, Gabby will forgive her and Carlos will re-hire her and have the benefit that she's no longer pregnant.

Or, Orson will die. Orson's had so little to do this year, maybe he wanted to leave the show. But I doubt that. Or it could be Karl who dies. Bree never has had luck with keeping husbands.

And I neglected to mention Katherine, she seems destined for the loony bin.

It could be anyone!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm presuming the nurse is dead after being hit by the plane, so the secret is safe. (And whomever finds that envelope she dropped will have a nice surprise.)

I think the person who is dead is Carl.

Mark Cherry was quoted as saying someone who dies has been on the show from Season 1. I don't think Orson came on till a later season.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
To go along with the crazypants Katherine sighting.

So, who do we think bit the big one, besides the obvious?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I didn't expect Karl to die. It was interesting that the new 2010 episode would do another "what if" episode like they did last year with a flashback episode as the housewives thought back about what their lives were like to have that handyman around after he died. This year, they do "what if" had Karl lived, and if the blackmailing nurse lived and so on.

I knew Lynette would lose a baby and I expected the blackmailer to die. Karl was the surprise.

What struck me was how good the make-up job was on all the ladies to age them and to add weight. Teri Hatcher must have been dying to wear all that rubber on her face and arms! In most of the shots, it looked real and in HD too.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Just to prevent nelson's post from giving away the show in the preview...

It wasn't bad. I don't know, I've about given up hope this show will turn into anything again. The whole story with the neighbors is now.. weird. The husband was sleeping with Julie (and what happens with that?) and she gets attacked, then this thing happens.. a whole bunch of stuff "happens" with and then we kind of just move on..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Felicity Huffman is wasted on a show like this. Her subplot was the only one that I cared about, it was in her performance, as the maudlin material wasn't great, but she made the most of the material at hand.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

It was interesting that the new 2010 episode would do another "what if" episode like they did last year with a flashback episode as the housewives thought back about what their lives were like to have that handyman around after he died.
I was just glad it wasn't a clip show.

Originally Posted by Nelson Au

What struck me was how good the make-up job was on all the ladies to age them and to add weight. Teri Hatcher must have been dying to wear all that rubber on her face and arms! In most of the shots, it looked real and in HD too.
I watched it with my wife and another couple, and I seemed to be the only one really impressed with the makeup. I've seen fat suits before, but none that showed so much skin. Even her double chin and looked real. And then later, the "losing weight" version was also subtle yet dead on. It was actually the highlight of a so-so program (close second -- Carl's paramour jumping out of the bed in her undergarments). The rest of it was overblown hoo-haw, and the Felicity Huffman segment was cringeworthy and obviously showy. At one point, I yelled out, "for your consideration!"

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Showy indeed!

Yes, the amount of skin they created in the fat make-up was the thing that raised the bar I thought. The thinner Susan with the still baby fat cheeks was equally good.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, was surprised to see Jane Leeves of Daphne Moon fame on DH.

She was so opposite of her Daphne character of course. It seems kinda odd to see her like that. Her voice was lower too. No doubt her natural voice.

It felt like such a small and unceremonious role.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks