What's new

Desperate Housewives season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, finally Dave's plans for Mike are coming to fruition.

Carlos can see again, and he probably wasn't prepared to see how Gabby had to sacrifice to keep things afloat for the family.

Porter's run away, and the restaurant may be at risk.

Andrew's boyfriend has an interesting past, but Bree got past it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Did I miss something? Didn't the Neil McDonaugh character say Mike killed his brother in prison? Now are we to believe it was because of the woman and baby that were killed in the crash? Wasn't Susan the one driving? I'm confused, but I guess I don't pay that much attention to this show anymore either. For all I know I missed an episode.

John Watson

Screenwriter

Me too, and why did he rescue Mike, when we had been built up to expect him to get his revenge on Mike that night the band was playing?

mylan

Screenwriter

I think he was going to at some point until the doctor arrived and spoiled his plans. I think that for Dave to rescue Mike from certain death means he has a plan for Mike's demise and will not deviate from it. He does seem to have control issues after all. My guess is that he will get Mike in a situation and explain exactly why he is going to kill him before he actually does and this is why he couldn't let Mike die in the fire, which was set to cover up killing the doctor.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I thought it was pretty well explained he doesn't plan to kill him at all. In fact, I thought it was pretty clear with the "I'm going to hurt you like you hurt me.." that Susan & her kid were the ones who were the intended targets.

mylan

Screenwriter

And there ya go, that works as well if you take the literal hurt to mean "take something away from you as it was for me". I never caught that.
Maybe I was barking up the wrong tree with the whole killing Mike scenerio but it still doesn't explain the loose end that is Dave's brother's death.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I suppose you could say that was just a cover story he told to Edie, but then didn't he mumble something to that effect to himself after that?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
If anyone is still watching, thought the 100th episode was nicely done.

Cool device to use Beau Bridges' handyman character as a device to flash back to the turning points in the women's lives. Nice to see Steven Culp and Brenda Strong come back to life. I liked how the episode wasn't the usual mindless antics, but well done pieces.

John Watson

Screenwriter

I got very confused, 'cause I thought that was John Ritter (who of course is deceased), and I at first thought it was a repeat program we were watching.

Is there any chance that John Ritter did once play a character on Desperate Housewives a few year ago?

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I thought that Sunday night's episode was one of the best hours they have ever put together. I don't expect much from Desperate Housewives other than some mindless amusement but that was rather nicely done.

John Ritter died before Desperate Housewives premiered didn't he?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i agree. that 100th episode is among some of the very best TV ever written, not just desperate housewives. i knew beau bridges was going to be used through the episode, but i didn't know he was going to be such a HUGE influence in their lives. while there have been flashback episodes, there isn't one that has had such a huge resonance.

why can't EVERY single episode be like this? :angry:. just makes me mad when u see potential wasted.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I agree 100%! Both about the 100th, as well as the wasted potential. While I still get a good chuckle out of a line or two each week, this season has been seriously wasted for me. I loved the leap forward 5 years. I loved Gabby plump and saddled with 2 kids and loved the whole Edie being married (and being married to a psycho!), but nothing is really happening this year. And what a waste of a phenominal talent like Lily Tomlin! Anyone could have played that part, so it struck me more as stunt casting than really utilising her strengths. And why keep Dana Delaney if you aren't going to USE her?? Grrrr. I know a lot of people didn't like Season Two, but this is the first season I feel has really just treaded water and gone nowhere. (At least nowhere of any real importance or interest.)

LOVED the 100th though. Beautifully written, acted and directed. :emoji_thumbsup:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow...guess I'm the only one who was underwhelmed. Thought it was pretty well done, and Beau Bridges was great (as he always is), but some of the best TV ever written? Um...I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with that. I thought the writing was pretty typical soap opera writing. Perhaps the best writing for this show this season, but that's certainly not saying much.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I feel the same way about Dana Delaney not being used. Here is a Great actress who is being totally wasted this year.

My opinion of the Sunday episode was mixed. Though it was nicely written (not the best TV written as some are saying here) I felt a bit cheated that we used a whole episode to dedicate to a character we have never heard or seen before.

mylan

Screenwriter

I didn't feel cheated in the least, I thought it was a good retrospective way to celebrate the 100th episode through an interesting plot device, the handyman who inadvertently shaped all the housewive's lives. We got to go back to the beginning and see how Gabby came to accept her life after modeling (sort of), how Bree came to write a cookbook, how Susan came to realize that she didn't have to run off after Jackson, and Edie, well, ole Eli himself made out pretty good on that one!
It was good to see Rex and Mary Alice again as well.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Last weekend's Desperate Housewives was full of interesting twists.

I was more interested by the appearance of William Schallert. Nice to see he's still active and working. I took a quick look at IMDB and I see he's not totally retired.

Though I thought his character in DH wasn't a very nice man. He deserved better! He's had quite a remarkable career as a character actor and made quite a mark on TV history from Star Trek, Get Smart and The Patty Duke Show.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
He was the guy getting the obituary and other info for Edie about "David Dash", the real name of Dave Williams.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
no wonder he looked familiar =P.

after the 100th ep, they went back to formula, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks