What's new

Desperate Housewives season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The builder was a "3" on an attractiveness scale of 1 to 10. Most of their friends were 9s and 10s. "In the gay world, 3 doesn't go into 9". Get it? "Go into"? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. Oh, those writers and their clever double entendre .

For anyone still not following:

It is a reference to sex acts - penetration, "go into". In short, if you're a 3 you don't get to have sex with a 9 or a 10. I think he specified "the gay world" because of the long history in the straight world of hot women mating with trolls. See Dennis Kucinich and his wife, Lyle Lovett and Julia Roberts, Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie or Donald Trump and - well, anybody.

I've been straight all my life and found that joke incredibly obvious, so I'm surprised so many people seem to be confused by it.

Regards,

Joe

James_S

Second Unit
It was nice to finally see a good episode.

No Joesph, you weren't the only one. I thought Tom and the kids were done in for, well at least Tom, he just bothers me.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I got the "go into". I didn't know if there was something specific about 3 and 9, as there is with 6 and 9. Of course, other than 3, 9 is only divisible by 1, and making a joke with 1 isn't as funny, math-wise.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Katherine is not much of a housekeeper if that piece of paper was still there!

The Susan/Bree moments were sweet. Gabby's storyline has her acting really stupid.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

With some social lubricants, a 6 might just go into a 9, but it's probably never going to happen with a 3 going into a 9. :)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow...what a complete mess this show has become. And judging by the lack of activity in this thread, I'm guessing I'm not alone in this thinking.

First we have the disaster that was the tornado (and the disaster I refer to is not the tornado itself). Now we have Orson confessing to running over Mike while sleepwalking. And who's decision was it to make Carlos blind? It's only been two episodes and that's already run it's course. I suppose they could have some "miracle" get his site back, but they really backed themselves into a corner with his character. An audience can only take so much of Gabrielle's "I'm not the only one suffering here..." only to have them reconcile at the end of every episode.

And I will assume that Tom didn't burn down Rick's place (I'm guessing it was Rick himself). If it really was Tom, then this show is officially toast in my book.

Does anyone know if the writers are completely different for this season?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Can you guys fill me in on what happened? I stopped watching the show, but based on the speculation leading up to the finale I was curious about how it was going to play out. Not to mention that the Alias reference has really peaked my interest.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
They ended it by randomly throwing the show 5 years into the future. Bree is working for the New York Times or something and is back with Kyle MacLachlan, Gaby has a couple of fat kids, Lynette's boys are regularly committing grand theft auto, and Susan has a brand new husband.

And I guess Edie is just off the show for good? She wasn't in either of the episodes.

The best part was the reveal of the the giant mystery for the season. Katherine's daughter Dylan isn't really Dylan, she's a replacement. Original Dylan was killed as a child by home furniture.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Wow. i hated the Alias finale, but you could almost buy it with all the other stuff in that series. This is just bizarre.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So, will next season start 5 years later (after dealing with Wayne), and then just backfill the details when needed (in case cast changes makes it tough to keep the cast members on the show)? I guess it's an okay way to introduce new cast members and shuffle off the current ones that won't return next season.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
RE: Bree...

Bree is working for the New York Times or something and is back with Kyle MacLachlan

Bree is being interviewed by the Times, about a cookbook she's just written, she isn't working for them. First impression? Bree and Catherine's catering business has really taken off and Bree has become a minor league Martha Stewart.

Regards,

Joe

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
wow that's pretty drastic.

i havent watched since the first episode but if i nknew about that i would have watched just for curiousness.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
If you noticed in the opening shots no pic of Edie so either shes gone for good or this 5 year thing was just a play on words and she will return next season...?

mylan

Screenwriter
It had gotten to the point of this show being almost laughable with seemingly the same plot-lines, I mean, how many men can end up in Edie's clutches after a falling out with their wives? The season finale, however, was quite good. I'm glad they finally gave closure to Katherine's story and happy to see Tom's demon child gone for good, that little girl was just evil, it had gotten to the point I couldn't stand to look at her.
How many others here thought that Carlos would regain his sight after the fall down the stairs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks