What's new

Desperate Housewives season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't blame Tom for suffering from non-get-it-up disease when Lynette's wig was removed.

Susan is just too stupid at times.

Crabcakes was a good gag. Edie piecing things together via smell was also good.

Rex's mom is going to throw a wrench into Bree's plans.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Having Frankenstein delivery Danielle's baby, and then letting the kids see him raising up the baby was inspired.

Gabby and Carlos's subplots are becoming too bogged down and dull.

Lynette gets the green light on her cancer, but is reminded of how precious life is when she sees an animal she had a part in killing.

Susan turned serious in light of seeing Mike's dad in prison, as she was concerned with wondering if she was carrying a child with the bad, unremorseful heart of the grandfather.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
For me, the show is moving a little slow hence I'm starting to lose interest. I'll give it a try next week to see if I keep the interest or move on.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I guess the interest has really fallen off!

Tonight's episode, Something's Coming. Looked like a return to form. I'm sure Patrick will provide a summation to the events.

Given the status of the writers strike, if this is the last episode they filmed, it sure looks like a season cliffhanger.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode was really true to form, and good. Some classic situations especially with Brea and the psycho mistress from hell. Will be interesting to see what happens to Carlos when they found him next to the dead Mayor. Pretty good episode.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Yeah, I watched it just to see the tornado, I thought Victor was already dead but he is for sure now. Who else will fall victim to the tornado?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Man, that episode had to break the all time record for "jump the shark" moments in a single episode. As soon as the narrator said "one of these women will lose their husband" you knew it would be Victor. If only they could have killed off Susan.

mylan

Screenwriter
Just a reminder, tonight is the conclusion of the tornado storyline and the last new episode until the strike ends.

mylan

Screenwriter

I think they crammed every implausible thing that they could in that episode. I think the writers were in a hurry to crank out scripts before the strike and to tie up all the loose ends in the event this was the season ender. It might have jumped the shark alright but we'll watch to get to the conclusion but if they continue to write crap like this after the strike, we'll be doing something else on Sunday nights.

mylan

Screenwriter
Hmm, good episode I thought tonight, at least a return to form. The Ida story was very heartfelt I thought, Parker wanting to help and the revealation she saved them nearly choked us up. I hate myself but i'll be watching whenever it comes back....

mylan

Screenwriter

It was a written explanation by Catherine's mother (mother in law?) just before she died concerning the mystery of their daughter and the truth she wanted to tell her but was stopped by Catherine. She wrote it out but died before passing the note, the note fell from her hand under the bed as she died.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Was I the only one who was secretly hoping that Lynette's family was really wiped-out? They are among the most useless and annoying characters on the show (second only to Susan in that regard) and getting rid of them would open up interesting dramatic possibilities. Pity Susan wasn't babysitting them, come to think of it. :)

The Ida story was well done, but do we really have to do the cliche "character goes (temporarily) blind" story with Carlos?

Regards,

Joe

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Some pretty good lines in that one. "Three doesn't go into nine" sounds funny in context, but I'm wondering if there is some specific (dirty) joke that I'm not getting there. (Don't be ashamed to admit that you get it.)

And at this point, it may be forever until we find out what it actually says.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I just took it as a dirty math joke. You usually don't have those without the number 69 involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks