What's new

Desperate Housewives Best Buy Coupon Not a good deal! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Seems like a reasonable request...as I posted awhile back. I was on a tight schedule when I picked up my copy last night...or I might have done the same. If I am back in the area later this week, I might do the same thing.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
It seems that many people did not get the coupon for the mail-in rebate (myself included!:frowning: )

Hopefully Buena Vista's customer service will help. Anyone have the number or called them yet?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

I tried, but they hadn't opened yet.

I noted in the review thread of the set and I just saw it at TV Shows on DVD.They have the phone number to call about the booklet:

1-800-477-2811

It appears their business hours are Monday 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM and Tues-Fri 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM Central

Neil

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I was able to use my $10 coupon, discounted from the RZ price of $34.99, and was able to use an additional $5 RZ certificate, to get the entire set for $19.99 plus tax. It took some doing however, because everytime they would scan my RZ certificate, it would bump the price back up to $37.99 instead of $34.99. The cashier finally just changed the price of the set to $24.99 (accounting for the discount, but not scanning it) and then applying my RZ certificate. We had to go through it all about four times, but they worked with me, because it was clear, they didn't really know what was going on and I took advantage of their ignorance, and yet am appreciative of their efforts.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I called the Buena Vista number a few minutes ago.

After sitting through a recorded message and about 8 minutes on hold, I did get through.

When I mentioned "Desperate Housewives" the first thing the Rep said was "ah, you need a booklet!" I explained that I was looking for a rebate form. He said there was no such thing, but there was a coupon at Best Buy.

I pointed out that I believed there was one, and that some people had actually received them. He said he didn't know about it, but would check it for me.

After about a minute or two, he came back on, and said that I was right after all, but that no one had told him about it. He took my details and said that I should receive the rebate pack in 7-10 days.

I guess a few people here will be making a phone call!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just finished calling. After winding through the phone options I eventually got to a person and asked about the booklet and rebate package. He took all my name and address information and then said he'd send out the insert. I asked again about the rebate package and he said I hadn't asked about that, but he thought he could send that too. Well, I hope it arrives safe and sound and that the rebate will work with getting it at Best Buy. I wouldn't be surprised if once they see the $10 off on the receipt they disallow the rebate. Still, it won't cost much to try.

Neil

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was all excited about the DH and Lost rebate offer until I read the fine print:

"Retailers excluded from this offer are Kmart, Wal-Mart, Sears, AAFES, Meijer, Best Buy, Circuit City, Hastings, Blockbuster, Amazon, Suncoast, Sam Goody and Media Play."

I guess that means you had to buy the set from your grocery store :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks