What's new

Depeche Mode to announce new album and tour (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
There will be a press conference on October 6th, 2008 at 1:30pm CEST (12:30pm BST, 4:30am PST, 7:30am EST) where they are expected to make the announcement. It can be watched on their website: depeche mode dot com

~T

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I really like the band and have most of their records. However, I would consider them a poster band.

By this I mean that you can get the same experience putting on the cd and staring at a poster of them on the wall, it will be that exciting.

Another of my favorite bands that fall into the 'poster' category is The Cure - great band boring show.

Brad M

Second Unit
I didn't like them back in the 80s for whatever reason but now really enjoy their music. I guess my music taste has changed. I think Enjoy The Silence is a great song. I'll check out their new stuff.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I have got to totally disagree with them being a poster band. Their concerts are just awesome. They do a good job of changing up their songs from concert to concert, the visuals and lights are spectacular, there are plenty of songs that receive great audience participation, and Dave Gahan knows how to work the stage.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I'll say that the first time I listened to it, I wasn't that enthusiastic about it. There were a few good songs, but most of them were just too mellow and some were lacking melody. After further listenings, I'm really liking it now. I really like all the sounds and layers on this album; I'm noticing new stuff with each listen. Also, I've gotten used to how mellow and slower this is compared to their other albums. It does live up to its "Sounds of the Universe" theme.

"Come Back" is one of my favorites. My least favorite is "Hole to Feed" which just really dies in some parts when you think it's going to pick up and needs more melody, and "Fragile Tension." 2 average songs out of 13 is pretty great, especially considering this has more tracks than usual.

~T

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I didn't pay any attention to this group in the 80's and 90's but gave them another chance with the releases of many of the old albums on SACD a couple of years ago and I now consider the music some of the best 80's and 90's rock. I just listened to part of this new album and like it really well.

Chris

Brad M

Second Unit
I plan on buying the CD on Tuesday. I did however manage to find a "copy" on my desk at work today. Now this CD has Come Back (Bare Version) which is the slow version from YouTube. I prefer this version and would like to purchase it on CD however it is not on Sounds Of The Universe. The album version is much harder. Any ideas on where to find it on disc?

UPDATE - http://musicboxmix.blogspot.com/2009...e-remixes.html - I'm not sure if this is an official release or not. I can't seem to find it listed for sale and there's no mention on the Depeche Mode website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks