What's new

DePalma's Blow Out from Criterion (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I happen to see this title in the reviews list on DVD Beaver's site coming from Criterion. I was surprised to see this, coming from Criterion too, later this month.

I thought this was a pretty good thriller. I've not seen Blow Up to compare though. I would have thought Criterion might do Dressed to Kill instead. But I can see perhaps they felt this title more fitting to their line-up.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
I've had this on pre-order from Borders (used a 40% off coupon to get the price down to about $21) since early March. I hope they ship it soon. My favorite De Palma film. I just hope the high def transfer does justice to Vilmos Zsigmond's exceptional cinematography.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Robert, The DVD Beaver site's review of the hi-def transfer is very positive. http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_reviews53/blow_out_blu-ray.htm That's a great price you've got on the pre-order!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There was a topic started when this wa first announced. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/307897/blow-out-the-criterion-collection-comes-to-blu-ray

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I saw this in 1981 at the theaters. It was a pretty shattering experience when I was 16. I don't know how I'd do with it today....

Here's the original theatrical trailer in hd:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Crtierion Blu-ray discs have all been Region A. I have the review copy and will check later and report if it isn't Region A only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.