1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon, Rotel or Marantz

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Arnold van Oostrum, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Arnold van Oostrum

Arnold van Oostrum Active Member

My Rotel RSX-1065 AV-receiver has some flaws that make me consider to look for a replacement.

I'm thinking of Marantz SR-9200, Denon AVC-A1SR or Denon AVC-A11SR.

Important for me is ofcourse a top of the bill surround sound. But also hi-fi quality stereosound.
    I'm currently still using Rotel's RC-995 with RB-990BX for my stereo, but would like to combine it all in one superb piece of equipment.

What's your opinion sound quality wise, should I stick to my Rotel combination (1065/995/990) or should I go for Denon or Marantz.

2. RichardMA

RichardMA Well-Known Member

Go with separates like the Anthem Prepro.

3. Steve Marsh

Steve Marsh Well-Known Member

Arnold
    I just went from a Marantz 7200 to a Rotel 1055 and I can tell you that it is better than the Marantz.
    As far as Denon. ????
    What was the prob with 1065?

4. Steve Marsh

Arnold
    Just saw your post on htguide re pink noise in surrounds.
    FYI My 1055 seems clean.

5. Yogi

Yogi Well-Known Member

I agree with Richard. Go separates for the price you are willing to pay I woundn't settle for anything less. Get the AVM 20 or the Ref 50 when it comes out. You will be much happier.

6. Arnold van Oostrum

Arnold van Oostrum Active Member

I'll stick to my combo. According to a German magazine (Stereoplay) the rsx-1065 is on surround equall to the AVC-A1SR (5803) and in stereo even better. And it is a really beauty, I'll just have to trust that Rotel with fix the issues.
    On stereo my rc-995/rb-990bx combo is a beauty. No need to replace.

7. StephenRabinowitz

StephenRabinowitz Well-Known Member

For home theater I just replaced my B&K Ref 20 with an Outlaw 950 & could not be more happier. The B&K was more laid back & can hear slight sounds in movies with the Outlaw that was not present with the B&K. I am using an ATI 1505 with Klipsch Ref 20's C-7 & C-6 surronds.

8. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Well-Known Member

To be honest, i haven't finished my comparison, but I think my rotel 1055, mated with B&W 605s2's, is a tad too warm and muddy.

but that could be me.

Rich

9. Steve Marsh

Rich
    I have no idea what interconnects you are using but may I suggest some modestly priced Kimber PBJs between your CD and reciever. These cables are fairly cheap and quite detailed in comparison to most cheap or even some expensive cables.
    I did some A/Bs with cheap cables and these PBJs and the difference was immediate and obvious.
    Just a sugestion.
    Steve

10. JohnBrianW.

JohnBrianW. Well-Known Member

How about the Arcam 200?