What's new

denon in canada? (1 Viewer)

john waring

Agent
Anyone know if Denon is available in eastern canada. Hearing alot about them and interested in checkin them out. Up to now I am lookin at Harmon Kardon. What else is available that I should look at? Speaker wise I'm set. Need the rest. thanks J

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
Hi John.I live in the Halifax area and if you are looking for Denon the best place to deal with is Peak Audio.Little high in price though because of the lack of competition but all quality stuff.The other place is LaserHomeTheatre in Bayer's Park.The avr3802retails for about $2350.00 but you can get it at Peak Audio for around $1700.00However,because of the price,I bought my Harman Kardon AVR510 at Future Shop for $1200.Awesome piece of equip.Hope this helps you.Regards...

john waring

Agent
The HK 510 is the one I was lookin at. Is it really that good a machine? I found it here but they say there are only demos of this model left and they wanted $1198.00. I feel that is too expensive for a demo. What do you think.

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I find that a demo or "open box" for $1200 is a little too high.H/K are upgrading the AVR510 so this is why Future Shop have it at that price.I know that I got the last new unopened one in the Halifax store but you should try the Dartmouth or Moncton location.The guy I was dealing with in Halifax is Greg Norman and he knows his stuff.He will track one down for you at another store for you.I do find that my H/K heats up to about 33 degrees but the Production Manager at H/K has told me not to sweat it.So yes,I am extremely happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks