1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon DVD-955S -- Opinions?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mark_TB, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Mark_TB

Mark_TB Well-Known Member

I was thinking of buying a Denon DVD-955s, but first I was hoping to hear from someone who may already have experience with this particular model.

I am looking for a player that handles both SACD and DVD-A (with bass management), and also has HDMI upconversion.

From what I see, this is a newer model that appears to be similar to the older Denon DVD-2910. Are there any significant differences between these two models?

I actually went to purchase one today from a local retailer and was surprised to find that they no longer had it in stock and weren't planning on getting any more. They offered me a discount on the floor model, but when they couldn't find the manual and original paperwork, I walked away. Can anyone think of a good reason this would no longer be stocked? Are SACD/DVD-A players being phased out, due to lack of substantial interest in the formats?

Finally, if anyone has any other suggestions for players with similar features in that price range ($600-700), I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

Mark