1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon BDP 1611ud woth it?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by ashiq73, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ashiq73

ashiq73 Member

Hello All I have been wanting to get a Universal Bluray Player and I saw the Denon BDP 1611ud at my local Bestbuy for $198 brand new on clearance. You guys think that is a good unit and decent price? Any info would be appeciated, thanks.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Everything "else" that does what it does is $400+ (last I checked). But it gets away with it by "essentially" being HDMI only. I'm tempted to buy one when they reach $150 in the used market to pair with an Onkyo SR707 so I can(eventually) play SACD/DVD-A... Tempted to buy an Oppo 780 next time I see one @ $100. But yeah...HDMI SACD/DVD-A, that Marantz is around $200 less than everything else.

3. Audio5

Audio5 Member

Marc
    Just bought this new for $100 it is a good machine. Did the updates first. I have read a lot on this. I have no issues that people were reporting. My only gripe is I find the picture just a touch on the soft side. But the player has options that can fix that