1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon AVR-3803 display question?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Paul_III, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Paul_III

Paul_III Well-Known Member

My roommate was playing with my receiver the other night (Denon AVR-3803), and did something so that now the display does not stay lit up. When you turn on the receiver, it stays lit for about 15 seconds, and then the display turns itself off. The receiver is still functioning fine, and the display will light up again if you adjust the volume, switch the audio source, etc. but again, it will stay lit for a pre-dertermined amount of time, about 15 seconds I think. I'm just wondering if there is a simple setting I don't know about that my roommate may have accidentally triggered? I'm trying to find my manual now, however I just moved so it may be a while before I find it, which is why I'm asking here...

2. JeffPhill

JeffPhill Active Member

The remote for my 1804 has a button on the second row from the bottom labeled "dimmer". It dims or turns off the display on my receiver. It could be the same for yours.

3. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Well-Known Member

Also, check to see if he put it into pure direct mode. Is is a rectangular button on the middle left hand side of the remote. This will give you the same thing you're seeing and will also cut off all video out from the receiver.

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Well-Known Member

The 3803's dimmer button is on the front panel. I imagine that's the problem.

5. Paul_III

Paul_III Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone![​IMG]