What's new

Denon AVR 3313CI or something better? (1 Viewer)

nycguy718

Grip
Real Name
luis
Hey all so I am new to the forum and I want to setup multi zone system where i can have my 5.1 in living room and maybe 2 other zones.

I found that the Denon AVR 3313CI will let me do this and had Airplay as well. I was looking to pair this with the Definitive Technology ProCimema 1000 system? Is there anything else I would need like amps etc? I plan on running speaker wires to all rooms.

Is there a better and cheaper Receiver that has similar features like the Denon?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What "features" brought you to the 3313?Is your "other zone" going to be via a speaker switch...or do you want separate amplification for each?

nycguy718

Grip
Real Name
luis
hey Schan... mostly the 3 zones total, airplay and wireless. I ma new to all this so I am not sure how the multizone stuff works. I was hoping I could get some asisstance with that. I was under assumption I could choose wich room I want to play from remote and play itunes for example which my wife watches something in livingroom using the 5.1 system?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
nycguy718 said:
hey Schan... mostly the 3 zones total, airplay and wireless. I ma new to all this so I am not sure how the multizone stuff works. I was hoping I could get some asisstance with that. I was under assumption I could choose wich room I want to play from remote and play itunes for example which my wife watches something in livingroom using the 5.1 system?
That is exactly what multi-zone does.Since it is 7 channels, you'll need another stereo amp for one of the zones. Or just go straight to a 4 channel amp meant for zone use(yes amp exist exactly for that...and you would look for a "4 channel multi zone amp". Yes, it is that obvious).

nycguy718

Grip
Real Name
luis
any recommendations on 4 channel multi zone amp? is there anyhting else I need to know? you said something about a speaker switch? I would like it to work seamless without having to hit any switches. Yes I can choose on control or iphoen app what zone I would like to play..

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
All that is automated in the Denon.Zone amps are rated anywhere from 15wpc to 80wpc.Do you want one with a matrix ability?(meaning you can fire up zone 1 and send it to both locations without having to use both zone 2 and 3 at the same time?. Not sure if the 3313 allows zone 2 and 3 to use the same source)

nycguy718

Grip
Real Name
luis
yes and yes. I checked with Denon and they said all I need to do is either setup a 5.1 in main living room and 1 speaker in both bedrooms or get the amp and setup 5.1 living room with 2 on each room with amp.

nycguy718

Grip
Real Name
luis
thanks will do. so any recommendations on the amp and is the receiver i choose good or is there better for similar price?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Denon and Yamaha are the only two with App content multi-zone.(requires digital input to the zones...there aren't many that do that...yet).

I would recommend 4 channels of outboard amp from the start...mainly because the 3313 has Aud DSX and DPL IIz.(and you get to set this up once...instead of twice)

The one thing I forget about the 3313 is if the 12v work for "zone control"...

If they don't...
http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-Stereo-Power-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1381268582&sr=1-3&keywords=4+channel+amplifier+home

If they do...
http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-M-5010-2-Channel-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00A8EIO2E/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1381268820&sr=1-20&keywords=12+v+trigger+amp (there are less expensive amps with 12v trigger but now you know what 12v trigger is for)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks