What's new

Denon 3802 video switching question (1 Viewer)

Kurt Lang

Auditioning
Almost have my mind made up to pick up a 3802 to replace my old reliable Onkyo 828. On the Onkyo website, in their description of the 696 they claim 'With a video bandwidth surpassing of the 50 MHz professional standard'. I don't see anything in the specs for the 3802 about this. I do want to use the component video swithing capability (new tv will only have one component input) but the Onkyo claim seems to imply that other brands don't have the proper bandwidth. Anyone know about this?
Thanks
Kurt

DanP

Agent
Cant say as I *know* anything about it except to point out that I've been using component switching on my 3801 for awhile now for switching between 2 High Definition sources. FWIW, I see no discernable resolution drop as opposed to just running the component cables to the HDTV from either of my STB's when outputting a true 1080i signal.
------------------

BrianBHD

Agent
There was a post a while back from someone at Denon about the component video.
He mentioned that the swicthing in the 3801 and below receivers does not do 50 Mhz but that it should be plenty for most setups. He mentioned that the 50 Mhz standard was very arbitrary and shouldn't really be something you look for in a receiver. You just have to test it yourself.
FWIW, the 5800, at that time, was the only Denon with 50+ Mhz. I think the 4802 has it now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks