What's new

Denon 3801 vs Denon 3803 (1 Viewer)

Yogi

Screenwriter
CUE = Chroma Upsampling Error. And you thought the 563A was lacking something:)

I am a two channel guy for music so I don't need any bass management. 2 channel SACD sounds heavenly. Very smooth and relaxed in my toob rig....mmmmm... I get goosebumps thinking of it:laugh:.

Yogi

Screenwriter

I said goosebumps not pantbumps.:laugh:

Although I must admit, dinner and lovemaking are best enjoyed either candlelit or tubelit.:emoji_thumbsup:

:D

Sorry for making this post R-Rated

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
Yogi - we're venturing into the TMI category my friend. :D I'm pretty happy with my purchase decisions. The AVR 525 at $450 shipped is a steal. And I'm glad I could get by with a high class quality player at such a cheap price. If I had gone with the Denon receivers I would have been forced to buy an expensive player with better bass management.

Bass management is important to me. I like 5 channel music.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

TMI - Tuner Modulation Interference??

:D - I know what TMI is, just joking around.

Krishna, Glad you decided on a receiver. The 525 for the price you paid is an excellent deal. The ICBM that I mentioned in another thread of yours for handling bass mangement runs $200+. I'm sure this is one additional expense that you didn't care for considering the 525 will provide the bass management for you.

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne, YOU are agreeing with me? And not mentioning the Denons? OMG!! :D

I'm pretty excited about the receiver. I think it has a great feature set. HK also , from what I've read, runs as warm as Denons. The big denon attraction for me was the 5 channel stereo and the HK's logic 7 processing seems to be close.

You know what's next right? I'm going to spend two weeks setting up my Energy Take 5 system and the new player and .... the upgrade bug will hit and I will want to move on to part 2 of my HT evolution and upgrade the front speakers. :D

The way I see it, for the same price as a refurbed 2803 from ecost, I am getting it from the factory direct, 2 year warranty, better amps arguably, logic 7, the ezset remote - and MOST important the audio in bass management.

If I had gone with the Denons I would either have to buy a better player costing 2 hundred bucks more or would have had to add the ICBM at 250 more.

Either way you cut it I have a great receiver and a great player for the grand total of $600 + stands and cables. Hell , this receiver was selling for 750 6 months ago and was considered a bargain then.

Thanks for all the help guys - I'm going to be opening a few more threads re: setup so keep an eye open and help me out there.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks