What's new

Denon 2805 or 3805 Please help (1 Viewer)

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with you Ken. Just picked up the 2805 and love it. Hardest decision was whether to go for the 3805 because I thought the remote looked cool. It would have only cost another $230 at my local A/V shop. (2805 for $800/the 3805 for 1030). The cost was not really a factor other than I just couldn't justify spending extra money on a "cool" remote that had basically the same features as the remote on the 2805. The other features were negligible for me.
I love the sound of this 2805.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Mike:

I actually think the 3805's remote would be a battery killer and not as durable (but it does look cool!)

I should be able to get a deal on a 2805 or 3805, so I'll see!

What speakers are you running?

Jake S

Stunt Coordinator
do an A/B between the 2 units and you'll find that between the amps and dacs, there is more than a little diff in sound quality.....as for adding a 2 chan amp , this is fine for 2 channel only (if you don't mind switching out cables manually) but trying to set-up, calibrate and balance a system with mixed amps is as troublesome as mismatching speakers...

Jake S

Stunt Coordinator
do an A/B between the 2 units and you'll find that between the amps and dacs, there is more than a little diff in sound quality.....as for adding a 2 chan amp , this is fine for 2 channel only (if you don't mind switching out cables manually) but trying to set-up, calibrate and balance a system with mixed amps is as troublesome as mismatching speakers...

Jake S

Stunt Coordinator

Users who are viewing this thread