1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 1803 and Speakers in Connection in Series

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Peter Overduin, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Well-Known Member

I am building a new HT room and currently have the 1803. Is anybody running speakers in series for the center rear with this unit? I would be running Paradigm Mini-Monitors. Thx

2. doug holly

doug holly Member

Why run in series? There are two sets of speaker posts for the (6th) single rear center channel/Zone 2 amp on the 1803. Are you trying to retain Zone 2 capabilities?

I am currently set up as 6.1 and prefer some localization (vs. diffuse) from surrounds. However, I may try using the rear center channel amp to power bipole side surrounds, in effect, turning a 6.1 receiver into a (kinda) 7.1 with discrete rear surrounds. More than one speaker mfg told me that this setup would not cause a noticible impairment of their mirror image bipoles and I end up with discrete (not matrixed) rear channel surrounds??

Not trying to hijack your thread Peter, but I'm curious if this "alternative" arrangement might work as well. Thanx